General election 2020 (2 Viewers)

Well what's the RA argument exactly?
"That party originally came from the RA"? Ah so same as FF and FG then?
"The RA are still going and influencing their politics" Ah so same as that cunt Drew Harris then?
"The RA are a big organised gang doing loads of illegal stuff" Ah so same as the guards then?
"Ooh but Gerry Adams" eh ooh but Drew Harris again?
Not quite seeing any huge difference here myself.

The thing to be concerned about is how quickly FFG are willing to throw the GFA under a bus just to they can add another 4 years. There is nothing to be learned that we don't all know, but maybe don't have an understanding of beyond the mid nineties from the mindless SF/Ra jibes.

The thing to be concerned about is how quickly FFG are willing to throw the GFA under a bus just to they can add another 4 years. There is nothing to be learned that we don't all know, but maybe don't have an understanding of beyond the mid nineties from the mindless SF/Ra jibes.

Yeah it's not an issue that should be made into a political football and certainly not one to becomes a shouting match across the Dáil. It was MM that decided to use a SF put down as a campaign strategy with Varadkar following and if they haven't noticed it backfired on them both. Now they seem determined to exacerbate that and all this is happening only shortly after the NI assembly itself has managed to reform with all the efforts made to put SF amongst others in government there. Personally I think it's the issues of the day in the Republic as opposed to events in earlier decades in NI that won or lost votes in this election which included voters born after the GF/ Belfast agreement.

a load of whataboutery, by the sounds of it.
'the gardai are the same as the RA' is not an argument i would wish to waste my time on.
Whataboutism as a term was first used in the 70s to describe the RA's tactic of pointing out the crimes of the British empire whenever someone tried to paint the RA as the only bad people around. People don't like it because it's effective and doesn't allow established power to take the moral high ground.

Which is to say, I see no reason why the RA should abandon it now.

who was trying to paint them as the only bad people around?
wasn't me who dragged the gardai into this. i didn't vote for them in the election, i can guarantee you that.
Ah i was just having fun and also it's a fact I found out recently enough and have been bringing up at every opportunity,

Fluoride in the water? The fucking Rothschilds? God help us Sinn Féin, where are you getting these people?

Published - February 19 2020 02:30 AM

You could also read it as 'journo who is married to fine geal searching through old SF tweets and anti abortion websites at 2am'.

Nothing in there about the Rothschilds and she's hardly the first elected thicko in Ireland to fall for flouride conspiracy theories.

As for Israel's by definition ethno-state, friendly relations with anti-semitic fascists in Europe and treatment of Palestine being maybe not too far away from what the Nazis tried to do.... eh.... hmm. Someone on CNN two days ago said Sanders (a jewish man whose relations died in the holocaust) winning in Nevada was akin to the Nazis invading France, but that'd be whataboutery wouldn't it?

She al
Nothing in there about the Rothschilds and she's hardly the first elected thicko in Ireland to fall for flouride conspiracy theories.

She RT'd something about how jewish bankers funded the Nazis or something similar, which I assume is the Rothschilds thing. It's in the original griptd, or however you spell it they're not exactly the most even handed of online publications, artical I think.

She RT'd something about how jewish bankers funded the Nazis or something similar, which I assume is the Rothschilds thing. It's in the original griptd, or however you spell it they're not exactly the most even handed of online publications, artical I think.
aha. wow!

i'm kinda surprised SF didn't order a trawl through all tweets made by incoming TDs before now.
do any political parties do this?

I'd say the PR machines that some of them have employed would do it, to the point that the accounts are essentially run by PR staff - this is certainly the case for front bench in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back