Macbook parts (1 Viewer)

Diddles

Any places in Dublin or sites that sell auld bits off Macbooks for cheap? My keyboard is fucked, and then the trackpad stopped working. And then I bent the battery taking it out to clean the trackpad and it went on fucking fire. So now I've no battery and am using a mouse and the onscreen keyboard, great fun. If I could just get another case with a working keyboard and battery I could do a job on it. Any leads?

Would it be worthwhile going on ebay and looking for knackered macbooks with broken screens and stuff?

I'd be able to give you parts if you were in Trumpistan. Luckily for you, you're not. We've got a cave full of the bastards, although in our defense we seem to be getting rid of them these days after they've taken a hammer to the HD.

I've seen people flogging macbooks with broken screens for sweet FA on craigslist and things though. Might be worth a shot?

Any places in Dublin or sites that sell auld bits off Macbooks for cheap? My keyboard is fucked, and then the trackpad stopped working. And then I bent the battery taking it out to clean the trackpad and it went on fucking fire. So now I've no battery and am using a mouse and the onscreen keyboard, great fun. If I could just get another case with a working keyboard and battery I could do a job on it. Any leads?

What year/model?

i used to work as a dell field service tech - i.e. i was the chap knocking on your door with a replacement motherboard when yours blew.
a friend once asked me to take a look at his mac (this is 15 years ago) after the screen went dead when it fell off his bed. i still have nightmares about that; a dell would have been about 8-12 screws involved in a motherboard swap. just *opening* that mac, i think the count was up to 70. are they still made that way?

i used to work as a dell field service tech - i.e. i was the chap knocking on your door with a replacement motherboard when yours blew.
a friend once asked me to take a look at his mac (this is 15 years ago) after the screen went dead when it fell off his bed. i still have nightmares about that; a dell would have been about 8-12 screws involved in a motherboard swap. just *opening* that mac, i think the count was up to 70. are they still made that way?

yes. theyve just gotten worse / harder to self-service

10 screws to open a 5 year old macbook, you just need to right tools. That's the tricky part.
I've been trawling the ads sites for a macbook for the last few weeks. So many offers that went nowhere.... anyway there are a few busted one up there. Or call into Back From The Future on St Gt George's st for a repair. I ended up buying the laptop in there because dealing with people on adverts and done deal got too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back