2020 albums worth a listen... (1 Viewer)

LOVING this, her drowsy, yawny vocals are my jam. I wasn't sure when I'd just heard a handful of her songs, but the album is fantastic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

God, I'm really enjoying this. I thought it was just going to be yet another one of those laurel canyon moogs'n'mellotrons throwback albums, and there's a bit of that in there for sure, but there's a whole different quality to most of it. It's really quite intriguing.

Big up from me for Aoife Nessa Frances too. The album is really great.

Shocking myself by not hating the new Grimes album. It's kind of robots dancing to environmental music in a rainforest stuff. Like 90's techno-hippie crap mixed with Evanescence. Njoyable.

New Khruangbin EP, with vocals by a fellow called Leon Bridges who is new to me- sounds pretty good. Was V disappointed with the dub versions album they released last year so good to see them back on form...

New Elder tune ahead of the LP. Less stonery and heavy maybe. Takes a bit to get used to the cleaner, less reverby production. Good riffin' though!

Shocking myself by not hating the new Grimes album. It's kind of robots dancing to environmental music in a rainforest stuff. Like 90's techno-hippie crap mixed with Evanescence. Njoyable.

Listened to it yesterday. I enjoyed it. Especially the drum and bass tune

Enjoying the new Caroline Rose

probably a bit of a crowded market in this kind of synth/indie/funky stuff but it has a homespun charm to it, you can kind of hear her working her way through the sound rather than it arriving fully formed.

anyone listen to the new caribou?

threw it on when out for a run yesterday. Think it's pretty shite based on the first 30 minutes anyway. has some good moments but a few crappy ones aswell. not a fan of the hip hop sounding bits at all

I really like that one "Never come back". Rest of it kinda passed me by ... but in fairness that was my first reaction to the last one too (with "Can't do without you" the one I loved on first listen), so maybe it'll grow on me

Dan Snaith is so sound. the bio on his "about" page on Spotify says this:

Biography
Hi, it's Dan. Do you make music too? I always dreamed of being a musician. When I was starting out I had access to super basic equipment and don't claim any special insight into music - just enthusiasm. If I did it, you can too. Send me your music on social media. Have fun and enjoy yourself! Bye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back