General election 2020 (2 Viewers)

I worked in a massive factory in Leixlip where I used to live. While talking to some of colleagues, some of who were working there for 15 years or more, I realised that they didn't know the town at all. They would drive from their homes (most of them from miles away) to the factory, eat breakfast and lunch in the canteen (we weren't allowed to leave during our shifts) then go home again without spending a penny in any of the local shops or businesses.

That's thousands of workers not contributing to the local economy.

The place has since closed down leaving an enormous derelict building.
Hewlett Packard? That's shit

I worked in a massive factory in Leixlip where I used to live. While talking to some of colleagues, some of who were working there for 15 years or more, I realised that they didn't know the town at all. They would drive from their homes (most of them from miles away) to the factory, eat breakfast and lunch in the canteen (we weren't allowed to leave during our shifts) then go home again without spending a penny in any of the local shops or businesses.

That's thousands of workers not contributing to the local economy.

The place has since closed down leaving an enormous derelict building.

Surely they spent money in Longford or wherever the fuck they drove from.

Point taken bu'

The area used to be a wildlife reserve, there are old "no shooting" signs still to be seen, so I can only image the impact on the ecosystem.
is that not usually put up by or FAO local gun clubs to reserve shooting of pheasants for themselves? i've never understood those signs to be about any sort of ecological issue.

is that not usually put up by or FAO local gun clubs to reserve shooting of pheasants for themselves? i've never understood those signs to be about any sort of ecological issue.
Even if it was it would point to the area being an area in which wild birds are thriving

there's a post industrial landscape in germany - i think near duisburg - which would be like a combination of stephen's green and the location at the end of 'robocop'.
or so it was described to me by a colleague.

Oddly enough i've been there twice. Its nearer Essen. I'd say more robocop that stephens green. Some of the lighting is great, some natural. Not too hard to get to from Cologne - Zollweiren coal mine. Also its in the middle of an area that probably has more industry than Ireland does in total in plain view.

IMG_4966.JPG IMG_4983.JPG IMG_4992.JPG IMG_5002.JPG IMG_5009.JPG

Pretty difficult. Not impossible, but not easy. They are still on premises / land that is heavily protected. All the buildings are well secured anyway.
Fair enough

I spent a weekend around Kerry and Limerick a few years back - looking at all the abandoned gaffs on myhome.ie - and exploring them

It was a great time

A former boss of mine hired a lad after Ieft that used to parachute off tall things, including poolbeg tower, at night. He'd work out the height, and how many seconds he'd have to drop before deploying the chute, then climb up in the dark, jump and count.

Like - what the actual fuck?

Somewhere between a minor complaint and an election post.

People running for Seanad on a left wing platform saying they are running to remove Ronan mullen as if his rock solid right wing catholic base is going to shift. The only route i can see is actually running on a right wing catholic platform to split the vote.

I can't even vote for this thing I'm just in my imagination ruling out anyone who thinks this tactic is intelligent.

Somewhere between a minor complaint and an election post.

People running for Seanad on a left wing platform saying they are running to remove Ronan mullen as if his rock solid right wing catholic base is going to shift. The only route i can see is actually running on a right wing catholic platform to split the vote.

I can't even vote for this thing I'm just in my imagination ruling out anyone who thinks this tactic is intelligent.

The massgoing headbangers need representation too
I don't love it, but that's why we have Joe Duffy and Fianna Fail, I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back