Why men behave like pigs (2 Viewers)

Have to disagree, that is definitely part of the issue we're dealing with. I've seen women laugh at men for showing emotion in public or parrot the usual "i'm all for equality but feminism has gone too far and men should be men" talking points.

If we were only talking about addressing the symptoms and trying to literally stopping physical/sexual violence to women in a specific area then we could say save it for later but it seems pretty appropriate to this thread.
Wait, if we’re talking about why men are pigs, we need to discuss about women being “dickheads”?

You could talk for a decade about why men are pigs and not get to that.

Anecdotal, and a biased sample since I hang around with women more than men in general but:

I've met two "sociopaths" (even though the term is no longer used it has meaning), and both have been female.

I've met abusive people, and the gender split is ~50/50.

Yeah, there's loads of shit men out there. Those shit men are backed up by almost always being physically bigger and stronger than women. This isn't news. Everyone knows this, everyone looks for this.

Constantly repeating this gender specific line over and over again means that shit, abusive, dangerous women aren't noticed.

There are shit people out there. Trying to sort them on gender is not harmless, it's damaging.

Anecdotal, and a biased sample since I hang around with women more than men in general but:

I've met two "sociopaths" (even though the term is no longer used it has meaning), and both have been female.

I've met abusive people, and the gender split is ~50/50.

Yeah, there's loads of shit men out there. Those shit men are backed up by almost always being physically bigger and stronger than women. This isn't news. Everyone knows this, everyone looks for this.

Constantly repeating this gender specific line over and over again means that shit, abusive, dangerous women aren't noticed.

There are shit people out there. Trying to sort them on gender is not harmless, it's damaging.
Have you considered that women are crazy and men are dumb?

I find this all extremely offensive, as I actually identify as a pig
STOOOOPPPPP

D6YcjLkW0AEJ83L.jpg

They sound pretty crazy
there's loads of shit men out there. Those shit men are backed up by almost always being physically bigger and stronger than women.
And men, by and large, run society
Dumb as they are

It's the shitness with the power that makes the behaviour more worthy of examination, for me

It's my big thing these days - I gave a lightning talk at a big work thing in the states 2 weeks ago about how what you think of as your "dreams" are just fantasies driven by a biological urge to ascend a dominance hierarchy

Got a fairly mixed reception, FWIW :p Americans don't like to have people make fun of their dreams.
My dream is to live in a remote cabin
With internet access, a Netflix subscription
And a library within biking distance

And only see people at Christmas

Please don't make fun of it

Actually, on the subject of being pigs, I've had women in the street or cars say things like "nice ass", "nice legs", and wolf whistle at me. Women driving along beside me and proposition me, in NYC traffic.

I've had women grope me in various scenarios, including in work. A female boss has propositioned me.

I had a women drive past me, stop her car, and persuade me to get in to go to her house. And then drive off, and then drive back and try again.

For men, I've had one gay guy hit on me and not get deterred with "no thanks", and i was in a gay bar at the time.

The thing is, I don't give a fuck. I don't even categorise it as "behaving like pigs", because I'm conditioned not to. I think it's flattering or funny.

I don't think women can be abusive, even when I'm repeatedly explicitly told so, because I'm conditioned not to.

This is my point. We spew these tropes, and condition ourselves to notice and believe a specific reality, and it's dangerous.

The world will not be better with more women in power, it will just have more opportunities for women

Everyone from Thatcher to Betsy DeVos has shown us this
Yeah yeah, I was just agreeing with you because I thought that was the point you were making!

In which @egg_ theorises about why so many men behave abominably towards women (see @Jill Hives and @riath 's posts in the "Your work situation" thread)

Basically in my experience of country pub situations, men's disrespect towards women has nothing to do with individual women at all. The men's audience is other men - essentially the pub is the stage on which they perform for each other. Individual women, and "women" in the abstract, are pantomime villains, and the men in a group gain status in the group by scoring points against the villain

I really don't think this has anything to do with sexual frustration among the men - I know a handful of as-far-as-I-can-tell happily-married men who play this game to some degree.

I also think it's a factor in why some of these men go off the rails - they know that the people they're disrespecting are real human beings, not pantomime villains, and they're ashamed of the way they carry on. Their selves in the game aren't their authentic selves, but the game is the backbone of their day-to-day social interactions, and they don't know how to stop playing

Anyway, there yiz go. tl;dr - all the world's a stage

I would agree apart from them feeling bad about it or realizing it’s not really on. I think because I’m not from the area they feel they have no one to answer to for being dickheads so they crack on. The few really disgusting ones are just disgusting people.

Whenever himself is visiting they are on their best behavior. They go on and on about how much they love me and what would they do if I go... etc. 🙄

Last edited:
Actually, on the subject of being pigs, I've had women in the street or cars say things like "nice ass", "nice legs", and wolf whistle at me. Women driving along beside me and proposition me, in NYC traffic.

I've had women grope me in various scenarios, including in work. A female boss has propositioned me.

I had a women drive past me, stop her car, and persuade me to get in to go to her house. And then drive off, and then drive back and try again.

For men, I've had one gay guy hit on me and not get deterred with "no thanks", and i was in a gay bar at the time.

The thing is, I don't give a fuck.

I could have written this entire thing.

Look I get the leery women when I'm cycling or generally being really attractive in a daily basis but also my primary drinking buddy is a barmaid and I don't think the scenarios are comparable. Mainly because when women have a bit of a leery moment generally I'm in zero danger, while women are just smaller and can be physically overpowered. You need to scale it to someone being bigger and stronger than you by about 30%. My ex was a lady who worked in a physical job and went to the gym three times a week and we messed about a few times to see if she could overpower me. Not a fucking hope, and this was before I got strong, actually only a little while after I'd wrecked my shoulder and didn't have the full range of movement. The intent might be the same but the actual threat is day and night

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back