Your work situation (8 Viewers)

It’s not just older men and it’s not always single men too.
I had a neighbor grope me on New Years Eve while his wife was 15ft away. He looks like Me Blobby in a human suit, so his gut blocked her from seeing. We’ve to grin and bear with, and not cause a scene so someone wants to buy the place.
I broke up with my ex a few days before that and still put his name down on the local lotto so people don’t know he’s not around as it’ll make things so much worse.

I should point out there’s been lots of great times too, but the majority of them are when it’s just me and Hives going for a drive or the 3 of us having our normal dinner conversations.

IMHO too

I've a theory about why a certain cohort of (most older) men behave like this, but I don't want to be mansplaining Hives's suffering. Some other time

There’s a woman in charge of their bar.
So we’ve got an imbalance in the power dynamic for this group of men.
Plus she’s attractive, and has zero sexual interest in them.
Power imbalance increased. Now with added damage to ego from the unstated but omnipresent rejection.
Why does she not want them? Deep down in their self-loathing, the answer to that is ringing like a bell, but it’s easier to reduce a woman to her reproductive parts and her ‘honour’ than answer it.
Onto this fire, we’re throwing booze and we get what we’re getting.
As predictable as shit rolling downhill.

Or that's my take anyways.

Hives deserves better.

I had a neighbor grope me on New Years Eve while his wife was 15ft away
It probably wouldn't have affected their relationship even if she'd seen him. Village relationships astound me. There's a lad I vaguely know from my local (though he drinks in the pub next door now because of various Fallings-Out) who spends pretty much every night in the pub until his wife drives down and collects him. He'll kinda crouch down and hide when he knows she's there so he doesn't have to leave, she'd often be waiting half an hour or more. I assumed they hated each other, but I played bass at his 50th and she just couldn't keep her eyes off him - just this big happy head on her, gazing at him with, as far as I could tell, genuine love (with a big side order of lust). FWIW he's a tiny bald lad

I dunno. The more I see of the world the less I understand

There’s a woman in charge of their bar.
So we’ve got an imbalance in the power dynamic for this group of men.
Plus she’s attractive, and has zero sexual interest in them.
Power imbalance increased. Now with added damage to ego from the unstated but omnipresent rejection.
Why does she not want them? Deep down in their self-loathing, the answer to that is ringing like a bell, but it’s easier to reduce a woman to her reproductive parts and her ‘honour’ than answer it.
Onto this fire, we’re throwing booze and we get what we’re getting.
As predictable as shit rolling downhill.

Or that's my take anyways.

Hives deserves better.

Interesting analysis. Can I talk to you about my smother?

I mean , mother

I'd like to hear it

It's a holiday - Happy President's Day, y'all!

And I'm fucking in work

Empty streets all the way in this morning - and a full parking lot at our place

This is how they get you
Do you at least get paid extra? Or is it more a case of being expected to work overtime and working "normal" hours being the bare minimum but don't expect to get a nice desk, let alone bonus or promotion?

Do you at least get paid extra? Or is it more a case of being expected to work overtime and working "normal" hours being the bare minimum but don't expect to get a nice desk, let alone bonus or promotion?
There are five floating holidays here per year

MLK
Presidents
Patriots
Columbus
Veterans

We get to pick 3 of those
So, I have kinda being poor-mouthing myself

I usually backload them and take the last three

MLK
Presidents
Patriots
Columbus
Veterans

Haha! So not so bad then. Some days I'd be very happy to have the office to myself rather than the usual steady stream of people to my office door.

MLK
Presidents
Patriots
Columbus
Veterans

Did you say before that you used to take MLK and work Columbus so you could avoid the racists or did someone else say that to me?

Did you say before that you used to take MLK and work Columbus so you could avoid the racists or did someone else say that to me?
That sounds like something I'd say

I hate working MLK, because it feels like I'm silently siding with those that say it's not a real holiday

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back