What's the story with Gr*h*m L*n*h*n? (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

I saw Graham Linehan being interviewed on BBC last night. He's the most hated man in Britain apparently. I hadn't heard.

Last edited:
I saw Graham Linehan being interviewed on BBC last night. He's the most hated man in Britain apparently. I hadn't heard.
Saw a few very short clips - Newsnight wouldn't put any up, like they usually do
Not well-liked

The arguments he’s involved in online are so fucking micro – like he knows every nook & cranny of every published paper and batshit theory on the topic - you’d need to research each one before you’d even know what’s going on. And who the fuck has the time for that?

Like the topic on Newsnight didn’t even seem to be trans rights or biological sex – but his own off-the-deep-end involvement.

I don't know the whole story so I can't say if he's right, wrong or whatever. I don't even have a strong opinion on the subject. But putting out your opinions on Twitter seems to be a bad idea. This cancel culture thing seems to have legs at the moment. There seems to be an army of SJW's mainly the younger generation who seem to take deep offence at every little thing.

I don't know the whole story so I can't say if he's right, wrong or whatever. I don't even have a strong opinion on the subject. But putting out your opinions on Twitter seems to be a bad idea. This cancel culture thing seems to have legs at the moment. There seems to be an army of SJW's mainly the younger generation who seem to take deep offence at every little thing.

I don’t think it’s quite that – in this case.

The SSM issue was a much more neat Right v Left, Conservative V Liberal argument. This is more internal to the left than a right vs left.
More like pinnies and stickies, I think.
It’s “radical” feminists versus what seems to be the more mainstream LBGTQ+ activists.
But in Linehan’s case, even people he has some common cause with – JK Rowling and others – are not throwing their whole life into it like he is.
Like if Newsnight is basically calling you a cunt, you’re on the fringes.

It’s hard not to take the view that – whatever the rights and wrongs of the issue – that it has subsumed him.
Like remember that Kinsey movie where he’s a hero for doing sex research, but gets so wrapped up in it that he’s up at 2 in the morning ramming pipe cleaners down his willy? It’s a bit like that.

I saw an interview with him about a year ago where he basically explained that he entered this fight for something to do while getting through his cancer treatment. The issues are wayyy too complex for me to even begin to have an opinion about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back