What's the best chocolate available in Dublin and where can I get it? (1 Viewer)

What's the best chocolate available in Dublin and where can I get it? Valrhona? Need it by Friday.
Valrhona - decent, I'm not mad about it. Others do. Good name recognition. You can get it in Fallon & Byrne

Carol Kinsella - lovely stuff. Irish. I think you can get it in SuperValu.

Don't count Butlers out. Very nice chocolate, to be fair.

Valrhona - decent, I'm not mad about it. Others do. Good name recognition. You can get it in Fallon & Byrne

Carol Kinsella - lovely stuff. Irish. I think you can get it in SuperValu.

Don't count Butlers out. Very nice chocolate, to be fair.
Thought Carol Kinsella sold Toyotas.

Sounds like the ideal solution. Thanks.

Might see if I can make the trip to Chez Emily's chocolate shop in Ashbourne either.

Ah cool, thanks! Must keep reminding myself to go slowly. Schedules are tricky with kids/work/etc. even though she lives 10 minutes away, so that helps. But we're on the same page about most things. Except Pink Floyd.
Ha! Pink Floyd can be tough one. Despite hating them when I was younger, I am now Pro-Floyd.

Ha! Pink Floyd can be tough one. Despite hating them when I was younger, I am now Pro-Floyd.
I am becoming open to the possibility. But equally, each to her own. We've barely discussed musical tastes yet, which I didn't expect. She could be a Country & Irish fan for all I know (better not be...)

It is. Cooking dinner for her this Friday. Haven't looked forward to Valentine's Day for years. Equal parts giddy and nervous. She's smart, funny and gorgeous. I'm smitten.

Not quite! Did a roast chicken yesterday, ostensibly so I could make chicken stock as the base for a risotto which will then make arancini all'amatriciana. Worry is I'll be cooking in an alien kitchen, so good to have a plan B.

She’s a lucky lady and I’ve no doubt she’ll really appreciate the thought that went in to it all.
In 4 years, my ex only ever cooked me one frozen pizza. He managed to set his oven on fire and we’d to wait out in the rain for 15 mins until the smoke cleared a bit.

She’s a lucky lady and I’ve no doubt she’ll really appreciate the thought that went in to it all.
In 4 years, my ex only ever cooked me one frozen pizza. He managed to set his oven on fire and we’d to wait out in the rain for 15 mins until the smoke cleared a bit.
Ha, sounds like a keeper! Nice to have someone to cook for again tbh.

I love arancini. That looks great.
Especially the sneaky extra bowl of wine.

But where do you get the time for all this???
The bowl is 20yo balsamic. Like crack.

Made the stock on Sunday, the amatriciana on Wednesday* and the saffron risotto on Thursday. Assembled and fried off last night. Made a dozen, ate 3 each.

*Not quite amatriciana. She doesn't like onions so added crushed garlic and smoked paprika instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back