General election 2020 (3 Viewers)

So if the Greens or Labour are in the position of being able to either (a) become part of a broad Left alliance or (b) prop up a FF or FG centre-right government which way are they going to go?

So if the Greens or Labour are in the position of being able to either (a) become part of a broad Left alliance or (b) prop up a FF or FG centre-right government which way are they going to go?

My guess is left. Now granted howlin wolf here has flipped about five times this week, but he also has to keep his voting Bloc happy. What's in it for him? On the latest numbers there is a likelihood that labour are the swing state. All that could change but being on the cusp of left/right it lines him up for a solid job on either side. I've been at 3 live debates this week and to say the greens would favour left is an understatement. On the right they might get a coffee cup ban and a greenway, left they are looking at a real legacy, as SD, PbP, Sol all have some inkling of climate actions while SF have a big empty space on the climate side which would put them centre stage.

Side note: while the left alliance is very much an outlying possiblity, at the same time ten years back the idea of ffg would have been a joke.

Lads the left alliance isn't going to happen this time round, unfortunately.
I'll tell ya what we're gonna get - we're gonna get FG and FF going into coalition with each other again, anything to stop the Sinners getting in, and they'll get Labour or Greens in with them too, and that'll be that. And most likely that fuckin moron Martin as Taoiseach.
I'd love that not to happen, but lets be realistic, all these polls putting SF first etc. will go to shit when a rake of people that were asked lose their nerve on the day and just vote FFG like they always do.

Lads the left alliance isn't going to happen this time round, unfortunately.
I'll tell ya what we're gonna get - we're gonna get FG and FF going into coalition with each other again, anything to stop the Sinners getting in, and they'll get Labour or Greens in with them too, and that'll be that. And most likely that fuckin moron Martin as Taoiseach.
I'd love that not to happen, but lets be realistic, all these polls putting SF first etc. will go to shit when a rake of people that were asked lose their nerve on the day and just vote FFG like they always do.
Sadly I can see this happening.

Nothing we don't already know about the Greens but still worth a read

Sadly I can see this happening.
Same, but that doesn't mean you despair. You just don't fucking vote for FF/FG.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just watched this with the sound down. It's just fascinating, you want to define the last 20 years of govt in 30 seconds, it's all there. Delete reeling in the years, replace the Angelus with this clip.

Yeah eh I think Labour get loads of stick about that because their party leader at the time, who was Tanaiste and is an absolute horrible cunt, spent her entire tenure defending every single austerity measure they put in to the hilt. And guess what, she's still in the fucking party, and is one of the most absolute weapon cunts in Irish politics.

joan-burton-17-5-752x501.jpg

Couldn’t agree more

Yeah eh I think Labour get loads of stick about that because their party leader at the time, who was Tanaiste and is an absolute horrible cunt, spent her entire tenure defending every single austerity measure they put in to the hilt. And guess what, she's still in the fucking party, and is one of the most absolute weapon cunts in Irish politics.

joan-burton-17-5-752x501.jpg
I don't think there's anything specially verkakte about Joan
She's like any of that Labour lot. Represents unions that are mostly desk workers and neither her nor Howlin ever did a solid day's work in their lives (please don't fact check this - I'm making assumptions)

It's a measure of how far Thatcher pulled everyone so far to the right that even the left got reoriented.
But I'm not sure who your represent if you're waving a red flag and complaining that the poor have phones.

fwiw not a fan of calling women cunts - that's what my Dad calls the lads on the golf handicap committee - but you do you, man.

She went after a young lad in the courts just because of her perceived 'imprisonment' that was purely a political stunt aimed at stymying direct action against water charges. She's a piece of shit. Howlin is a slimy cunt too. See they're both cunts :p

I don't think there's anything specially verkakte about Joan
She's like any of that Labour lot. Represents unions that are mostly desk workers and neither her nor Howlin ever did a solid day's work in their lives (please don't fact check this - I'm making assumptions)

A person I use to work with, had her as an accountancy lecturer

Howlin comes across to me that he seems like he was a teacher. No basis for that opinion.

There are really 3 government outcomes
- ff/fg government either coalition or confidence & supply. I don't feel fg would be up for it, going from governing to being the smaller party in government or propping up minority government
- ff/sf coalition. Again, I don't think this would work together
- no government and left to new election after year. Fine gael's best chance of staying in government

Surely FF propped up by Greens and/or Labour is also a possibility?

So, we've voted. one thing I did notice from this election. The lack of canvassing/ people putting litter in the house. Fg came round near the start then nothing, ff came round canvassing once and put leaflet in last night, SF similar, Workers party came around once. Greens just put leaflet in once. No Indy's/Labour/SD/Pbp/Solidarity. More for for last council elections.

Yeah I'd say it is too. My prediction a few weeks back was hung dail, must find that what's app just in case I can get bragging rights.
If FF get the numbers - transfers off of 1st time Shinners, this could be a goer for sure

If this goes, you'd almost prefer a C&S deal in there with FG, so SF are the real opposition

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back