I want to find an old comedy clip from the 80s (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Help me Thumped hive mind, you're my only hope!

For reasons I want to find an old comedy clip from the 80s. Pretty sure it was a UK comedian. It was a spoof of Lionel Richie's "Hello" but the guy was dressed as a stereotypical Chinese man, complete with thick glasses and buck teeth and it became"Herro". The climax was the head the girl was modelling was some of Chinese dragon face . Hilarious, right? I can hear the laughter from here.

Don't judge me! I have reasons!

For reasons I want to find an old comedy clip from the 80s. Pretty sure it was a UK comedian. It was a spoof of Lionel Richie's "Hello" but the guy was dressed as a stereotypical Chinese man, complete with thick glasses and buck teeth and it became"Herro". The climax was the head the girl was modelling was some of Chinese dragon face . Hilarious, right? I can hear the laughter from here.

I do not remember this

But for some reason I want to say Little & Large (maybe the small lad's glasses)

Jim Davidson was proudly racist in the 80s - but mostly with his Afro-Caribbean fellow Londoners

I do not remember this

But for some reason I want to say Little & Large (maybe the small lad's glasses)

Jim Davidson was proudly racist in the 80s - but mostly with his Afro-Caribbean fellow Londoners
I watched every episode I could find of Wheeltappers and Shunters while getting nicely pissed one night. It's ..well it sure is something.

Canon and Ball were on . They did a funny little thing about how the "Pakis were taking all the houses". Shortly after their appearance they were prime time TV performers and household names.

Different times, different times.

Bernard Manning was the compere on Wheeltappers..if you want to melt your brain and have your jaw dropped it's really worth a look. There is some endearingly dated and shit cabaret on it too. And some rather good but past their sell by date acts.

Bernard Manning was the compere on Wheeltappers..if you want to melt your brain and have your jaw dropped it's really worth a look. There is some endearingly dated and shit cabaret on it too. And some rather good but past their sell by date acts.
As a child, I can remember being worried I might not be able to breath - and also was going to piss myself - because I was laughing at a Dick Emery skecth so much

He went straight from the Phantom Raspberry Blower right into some confusion about hidden garden hoses and pissing
Basically hitting all my 10-year-old pressure points

As a child, I can remember being worried I might not be able to breath - and also was going to piss myself - because I was laughing at a Dick Emery skecth so much

He went straight from the Phantom Raspberry Blower right into some confusion about hidden garden hoses and pissing
Basically hitting all my 10-year-old pressure points

"Hello honky tonks, You are awful , but I like you."

Phantom Raspberry Blower was The Two Ronnies.

They're probably "cancelled" too by today's standards.

Phantom Raspberry Blower was The Two Ronnies.
You are of course correct

It was definitely farting and pissing though - he was basically the Gilbert & George of BBC LIght Entertainment

Love the Ronnies
I was watching Four Candles just the other day

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sounds very Benny Hill

Kenny Everett?

I don't think so. But it would have been one of the younger comics, so maybe.

You'd think a clip of this quality would be much easier to find

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Benny Hill. He'd have been on the downward slide at this point. I could be wrong though.

It's for a book

yes...a book

Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back