General election 2020 (3 Viewers)

Green 76%
Soc Dem 74
PBP 70
Lab 65
FF lads 59
Fg lads 57

SF candidate hasn't entered her answers but I won't be voting for her anyway because she was on the "all the people who say they were raped by our guys are lying" brigade and very nasty about it.

It's good that there is a wide enough spectrum to actually pick candidates like that and not be faced with a single party left.

There's an element here of everyone playing the politics game/movie in their own head isn't there? People who love to wring their hands over what is possible, as if they're a walking, talking poll come to life themselves and not literally one vote.

"Oh, Saoirse McHugh not talking properly, this won't play well with the electorate. I know what she means, but they're thick as shit"

Yeah I was live watching twitter as I tend to do for these things to see if I can get a handle on reactions. That theme emerged in the hours after the show, the initial reaction during the show was more 'shes out of her depth/cant handle Miriam' type reactions.

vote with your horn

2020-01-29_iri_56621998_I1.JPG

is this not also the biggest problem with the left, that there are too many parties, thus splitting the vote?

yes but no but yes.

studying the poll tracker here specifically the gains/losses section essentially SF are taking votes off the 'traditional parties'. the wider left are taking votes off each other mostly and because the only valid option for the left is a wide alliance then this presents the opportunity to shave a few shitty reps off any of the left parties and replace them with better reps from other left parties.

I'm starting to suspect labour might manange to drop another 1-2 seats based on being, well i dont know what they are and SDs/PBP/Greens filling out those seats. Like in @Unicron's case they have 3 pretty solid left pref options before they are forced into Sf being the only game in town or some kind of FF pretend left option.

On the more statistically likely case of left being opposition, you still get to shave out the bad eggs and have a stronger opposition or at least not hand a td salary to someone you dont dig just for a lack of options.

my concern is that in my constituency - a three seater, with roisin shortall a comfortable first place last time, followed by SF and then FF/FG fighting over the last seat - i just wonder that if there had been fewer left wing parties to mop up transfers as candidates were elected/eliminated, that labour might have stood a better chance of being in the FF/FG bunfight for the last seat.

my concern is that in my constituency - a three seater, with roisin shortall a comfortable first place last time, followed by SF and then FF/FG fighting over the last seat - i just wonder that if there had been fewer left wing parties to mop up transfers as candidates were elected/eliminated, that labour might have stood a better chance of being in the FF/FG bunfight for the last seat.

I dont think a bunch of people who want FF/Fg would transfer to labour overnight if they had a solid option, if SD/SF think the numbers are there they would probably maria walshe it and stick in a second somebody.rep to soak up the transfers and chance two seats, like sf are doing in donegal with pearse 'insurance' doherty.

i must try to find an article i read about SF up north from a few years ago - proper 'pigs with their snouts in the trough'; and with a party that buries any internal bad smell it was a perfect recipe for people lining their pockets.

SF are total cunts, make no mistake. Lining their own pockets is exactly what they've done up North, they've done fuck all of any use. They'll blame any lack of progress on the DUP etc. just because it's maybe not actually possible to find any worse cunts than the DUP, but Sinn Fein have really done absolutely fuck all for the areas they represent that wasn't being done anyway. They're a bunch of shitebags, just less shitebag than the established shitebags, but hey that's saying fuck all isn't it. It's like Prince Andrew isn't as bad as Jeffrey Epstein or something.

"Oh, Saoirse McHugh not talking properly, this won't play well with the electorate. I know what she means, but they're thick as shit"

I saw it and thought she was good because it seemed like she was actually being honest and it seemed like she doesn't just listen to any old shite being peddled her way. But it really did feel like she'd be better off being independent or something, or just fuckin going for leadership of the greens herself because then you might actually be able to trust the cunts. I'd fuckin trust Ryan as far as I could throw him - which is probably about 10 foot cause I'd put extra effort into launching that cunt through the air.

i'd have a bit more time for ryan than you would but yeah, i don't know why she's in the green party given she's so much at odds with them.

The main reason I never vote for Sinn Fein is the IRA connection.
I'd never vote for Fianna Fail either. Their policies during the boom fucked up the country for decades to come.

I'd never vote for Fianna Fail either. Their policies during the boom fucked up the country for decades to come.

What's the big deal with the IRA connection? Is it cause they're illegal, whereas when the guards go around beating people up, running corrupt laundry schemes, and killing the odd person here and there, they're legal so it's grand?

Ah this old chestnut.
You know that austerity measures have probably killed more people than the IRA since the peace process?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back