Women (2 Viewers)

sex_and_the_city_1857336.jpg

Phhooaarr... they look like four cakes walking down the street.. aahh.. thats what its all about, at the end of the day

What the heck are women made of? How can y’all take so much pain?
My friend twisted her knee at the weekend, and eventually went in to see a doctor today.
When he looked at her x-ray, he literally did not believe she had been walking on this knee. Eventually accepted it and said she was “one tough son of a gun”.

I’d have been in the ER on Saturday, demanding every pain med they had.

They are scheduling surgery for her tomorrow.

Anyway, my point is that when I hear these stories, it’s always women. Fucking pain thresholds off the goddamn charts.

1580242116340.png

Everyone’s different I guess.
I dislocated my knee a few years ago, after a Halloween party.
I was pissed drunk and dressed up as a dead secretary, so thought the best thing to do was to pop it back into place and avoid the hospital.
Stupid plan.
I left it too late to get stitches, and I’ve now got a slightly off centre knee that cracks when I walk.
It’s a cool scar though.

If you have a high pain threshold then it doesn't count. It'd be like saying "oh man, how do you do it, winning that boxing match like that, I have no arms and I suck at boxing."

Now people with low pain threshholds who walk on a smashed knee, they're the real heroes, wandering around screaming that they're ok.

Pain is subjective you bunch of fucking wimps. What is the most painful thing in the world? The most painful thing you've ever felt, and everything is defined from that experience. If all you've ever done is sprained an ankle then anything worse is the worst thing ever.

Anywhoo I win all pain offs ever. Get out.

My working theory is that women are often putting up with some baseline pain or discomfort, given the cycle that their bodies experience. Not to mention being able to endure childbirth.

And they gotta put up with a bunch of general buttaches living in a world designed by and for men, where you’re expected to just go along to get along.

So there’s a built-up resilience and maybe a resignation that complaining isn’t always listened to.

I will need additional funding to research this farther.

Honestly my working theory is that not all women are the same but that's just crazy Lili being contrary again.

Pain is subjective you bunch of fucking wimps. What is the most painful thing in the world? The most painful thing you've ever felt, and everything is defined from that experience. If all you've ever done is sprained an ankle then anything worse is the worst thing ever.

Anywhoo I win all pain offs ever. Get out.

Kidney stones. Fucking kidney stones. According to people who've experienced both, the pain is comparable to - or worse than - childbirth, being shot, or being stabbed. I've gone through it twice and i've never felt anything like it... Just unbelievable, unrelenting agony. The first time it happened i thought i'd a sore back and next thing I was rolling around on the floor at 5am, convinced i'd swallowed a piece of broken glass.

Kidney stones. Fucking kidney stones. According to people who've expeirnced both, the pain is comparable to - or worse than - childbirth, being shot, or being stabbed. I've gone through it twice and i've never felt anything like it... Just unbelievable, unrelenting agony. The first time it happened i thought i'd a sore back and next thing I was rolling around on the floor at 5am, convinced i'd swallowed a piece of broken glass.
Kind of up there with my all time major fears

How do you get them?
Better yet, avoid them?

Was the second time worse cos you knew what was coming?

Kind of up there with my all time major fears

How do you get them?
Better yet, avoid them?

Was the second time worse cos you knew what was coming?

second time wasn't as bad because I knew what was going on, and i had developed some coping mechanisms - drinking loads of water, and i found a shiatsu massager thing that really helped

Kidney stones. Fucking kidney stones. According to people who've experienced both, the pain is comparable to - or worse than - childbirth, being shot, or being stabbed. I've gone through it twice and i've never felt anything like it... Just unbelievable, unrelenting agony. The first time it happened i thought i'd a sore back and next thing I was rolling around on the floor at 5am, convinced i'd swallowed a piece of broken glass.
mate of mine went off on holidays with a broken leg (had happened several weeks earlier), got food poisoning on the holiday, and puked so hard he dislodged (i may have this wrong) kidney stones, so when he got home he ended up in james connolly. there were so many things on his chart they were getting confused as to what they were actually treating him for. anyway, he ended up on morphine.
the morning after his first night on morphine, he mentioned to the guy in the bed beside him 'that's fantastic stuff, i slept like a baby'; the other chap said 'so you don't remember shaking me awake at 2am, your nose two inches from mine, and saying to me "DON'T LET ME FALL ASLEEP, THIS IS TOO GOOD TO MISS" and crawling back into bed?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back