US politics (3 Viewers)

Meanwhile,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

should be just posting this non stop

God help me I know he's just a silicon valley dude with a terrible corporate attorney history but I really like Yang. Is it too much to ask for Bernie/Yang ticket? I feel like Bernie could turn him round, he's already halfway there with his "Human Capitalism" nonsense:

The central tenets of Human Capitalism are:

1) Humans are more important than money
2) The unit of a Human Capitalism economy is each person, not each dollar
3) Markets exist to serve our common goals and values

God help me I know he's just a silicon valley dude with a terrible corporate attorney history but I really like Yang. Is it too much to ask for Bernie/Yang ticket? I feel like Bernie could turn him round, he's already halfway there with his "Human Capitalism" nonsense:

The central tenets of Human Capitalism are:

1) Humans are more important than money
2) The unit of a Human Capitalism economy is each person, not each dollar
3) Markets exist to serve our common goals and values
COMMUNISM

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

An attack on me is an attack on you.

it really shouldn't work, yet it does. what's that all about?

voting here can be a pain in the hole. There's no day off, you have go finding your polling place and get in there before or after work, then there's all queues all over the shop. I don't remember voting in Ireland being such an ordeal at all.

voting here can be a pain in the hole. There's no day off, you have go finding your polling place and get in there before or after work, then there's all queues all over the shop. I don't remember voting in Ireland being such an ordeal at all.
I used to live in a neighbourhood where this guy (a great guy by all accounts) was my Congressman. I vote at 7am, every voting day and - like you said - there was always a queue. It went down the street in 2016 at 6:30am.
1580170880339.png

Now I live in a neighbourhood where this lady is my Congresswoman. I still vote at 7am
There have never been any lines. The polling place is a school - everyone knows where it is - but it's been pretty much empty every time.
1580170965084.png

It is hard not to come away with the feeling that in wider city elections, that the people who look like Stephen, are making decisions for the people that look like Ayanna.
It might be simplistic, but it breaks my fucking heart to see that empty polling place.

Attachments

• 1580170879925.png
    1580170879925.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
It is hard not to come away with the feeling that in wider city elections, that the people who look like Stephen, are making decisions for the people that look like Ayanna.
Yeah.

That's definitely the narrative you hear alright.

I think it genuinely is very variable. I've been in poor latin areas of NJ that have loads of polling stations, no lines, stroll in and vote. And I've been in... wealthy areas, eg Greenwich Village NYC, and it was pandemonium. I'm out in Maryland now and things seem fairly well run in general so we'll see.

I work with a lad in Detroit. Fuck me, he's gone for ages whenever he vote. I'm not sure what's going on.

To add to what you're saying I suppose, there doesn't seem to be an even spread of people voting. What it looks like is the more educated people vote, and the less educated tend to vote less. A quick interweb search seems to back that up, but... yeah, I don't know.

"During the 2008 presidential election, only 41% of eligible voters making less than $15,000 a year voted, compared to 78% of those making $150,000 a year or more."

The queues though, I've never seen queues like that anywhere in Ireland. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's only a thing I've seen in the US. And Chile... kind of randomly.

Dems trying really hard to torpedo Sanders right now, someone who might actually give the poor a reason to vote.

Loving Trump's plans to fix Israel/Palestine. Wouldn't it be hilarious if it just worked.

Cunts.
Link?

and basically every-time Hillary Clinton opens her mouth. They can't go after his ideas, or the fact that almost every union in America has endorsed him, so they're going after "Bernie Bros," which has precedent in Obama's 2008 campaign. To use their own language back at them, they're erasing the huge support Bernie has from POC and women, who make up the actual majority of his base.

and basically every-time Hillary Clinton opens her mouth. They can't go after his ideas, or the fact that almost every union in America has endorsed him, so they're going after "Bernie Bros," which has precedent in Obama's 2008 campaign. To use their own language back at them, they're erasing the huge support Bernie has from POC and women, who make up the actual majority of his base.
Looks familiar! Corbyn mk II

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back