Your work situation (3 Viewers)

I had it in my hend that I wasn't back at work until the 2nd. Woke up this morning and realised I'm back tomorrow. I had hoped for another couple of days lying about eating, reading and napping. Oh well.

I'm way too hungover for this shit today. I'm listening to Ghost's Prequelle and thinking it's quite good

We’re rebranding.
Logo, mission statement, slogan. Everything.
New colours for everything.

And as of Feb 5th all the old shit has to go – every jacket, key ring, mug (oh my god, so many mugs), hat, every bullshit tchotchke that has rained from marketing like confetti, will soon be verboten.
Seeing piles of perfectly good clothing in the dumpster cos the old logo is on it.
They’re even ripping up the red strips out of the carpet. (Red is now bad)

1579881832291.png 1579881860357.png

Tl;dr - Marketing is a big bunch of meaningless hooey and the whole company is insane.

mental waste
I almost like my work logo jacket - I mean I wear it every day to work - cos it means I'm not getting shit on my 'good' jackets

But we were old if the boss sees you wearing it after February, he'll pull a shitfit

Gonna send it to my Dad, I think. He loves a free jacket.

Well I'm doing fuck all as I'm on disability because of cancer so can't work even if I feel like it in case I lose my medical card or get sick again! I was freelancing on and off when I was first in treatment but then husband left me so am reliant on the state and Airbnbing on a part time basis. It's only now I'm really regretting giving up my career to be a full time mammy, it was no problem when I had a partner but I was left high and dry on my own. If i'd stayed working at least I would have had sick pay, a pension etc. It's fucking tough.

Well I'm doing fuck all as I'm on disability because of cancer so can't work even if I feel like it in case I lose my medical card or get sick again! I was freelancing on and off when I was first in treatment but then husband left me so am reliant on the state and Airbnbing on a part time basis. It's only now I'm really regretting giving up my career to be a full time mammy, it was no problem when I had a partner but I was left high and dry on my own. If i'd stayed working at least I would have had sick pay, a pension etc. It's fucking tough.

It sounds tough as fuck.
How is your treatment? And what's the outlook?

I had a friend just have the cancer bomb dropped on them and chemo starts next week. It's wrenching.

Can you do sneaky work under the table?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back