General election 2020 (4 Viewers)

You know what I mean though, no? I think we're coming from similar starting points but are just arguing over the details.
Oh yeah, I don't doubt it. I don't really give a shit about the greens sticking to their principles etc - what I care about is minimising climate upheaval, and the best way to bring that about. I just think that the greens might be more effective outside govt than inside

I was gonna bring it up earlier, but there was a lot of work at work.

For the craic, thumped hive mind, a left alliance govt needs ministers, so who would you pick? I'm aware that these things can just be fucked around with at the drop of a hat but here is the current structure - I'd have ideas for a few but not all. I find it kinda interesting to think what a good govt would look like without the FFG axis... ...Mary Lou would be Taoiseach based on the recent polls.

Minister for Defence, An Taoiseach:
Tánaiste, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade with responsibility for Brexit:
Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Minister for Finance:
Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment:
Minister for Justice and Equality:
Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation:
Minister for Health:
Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine:
Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport:
Minister for Children and Youth Affairs:
Minister for Rural and Community Development:
Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection:
Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government:
Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht:
Minister for Education and Skills:

i think the mix of briefs should be changed for a start - for example, i think transport and environment are a better combination than transport and sport.
josepha madigan seems to have the environment brief at the moment too, despite that nominally being bruton's?
well, in the sense that she's wheeled out for things like the biodiversity conference, and then shows her utter disdain/ignorance of the issues being discussed.

I agree, comms, climate and environment is self defeating because you have on one hand the [REDACTED]'s of the world who are 75% sponsored by oil/cars causing all kinds of shit and trying lobby you and then on the other hand you have environmentalists with zero budget trying to lobby you, hands tied from day one.

I was gonna bring it up earlier, but there was a lot of work at work.

For the craic, thumped hive mind, a left alliance govt needs ministers, so who would you pick? I'm aware that these things can just be fucked around with at the drop of a hat but here is the current structure - I'd have ideas for a few but not all. I find it kinda interesting to think what a good govt would look like without the FFG axis... ...Mary Lou would be Taoiseach based on the recent polls.

Minister for Defence, An Taoiseach:
Tánaiste, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade with responsibility for Brexit:
Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Minister for Finance:
Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment:
Minister for Justice and Equality:
Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation:
Minister for Health:
Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine:
Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport:
Minister for Children and Youth Affairs:
Minister for Rural and Community Development:
Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection:
Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government:
Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht:
Minister for Education and Skills:

Eoin O'Brien for housing anyway. Always think that he's easily the most impressive person SF have in the Dail.
Enviroment and transport to both be run by some Green.
Gino Kenny in health, he'd legalise it, and has worked in hospitals more importatly

The taineste would presumably be the leader of the second largest party. so probably Howlen or Murphy/Shortall.

Finance might go to someone from the third largest party depending on how close the gap between them is. Pearse Doherty might shout his way into it though.

Couldn't have a SF justice minister. Maybe not a kids one either.

Eoin O'Brien for housing anyway. Always think that he's easily the most impressive person SF have in the Dail.
Enviroment and transport to both be run by some Green.
Gino Kenny in health, he'd legalise it, and has worked in hospitals more importatly

The taineste would presumably be the leader of the second largest party. so probably Howlen or Murphy/Shortall.

Finance might go to someone from the third largest party depending on how close the gap between them is. Pearse Doherty might shout his way into it though.

Couldn't have a SF justice minister. Maybe not a kids one either.

I agree with O'Brien, I'd think Doherty is best positioned for finance as he's had the brief in SF for years and spent most of this year shouting at the insurance industry. It really doesn't look like a bad govt either way. The soc dems are tiny but it'd be terrible to not put Murphy somewhere important. I don't know a lot about agri but I've a notion possibly a green again. PBP in employment would be a bit of craic too.

And just for the sake of the numbers, to give an idea of how close/far we are from living under a left alliance.

based on the ipsos %'s here are how many would be returned:

SF: 33
lab: 8
GR: 13
PBP: 4
SD: 4

Which puts a left alliance needing the support of about 18 of a projected 30 of the indies, or 16 if you consider the healy rae's are just going to work with whoever is in govt and operate kerry as a micro-shtate. There are a few FF's that will jump ship at the drop of a hat too.

As someone mentioned earlier, its essentially about scraping votes from the 'traditional parties'.

And just for the sake of the numbers, to give an idea of how close/far we are from living under a left alliance.

based on the ipsos %'s here are how many would be returned:

SF: 33
lab: 8
GR: 13
PBP: 4
SD: 4

Which puts a left alliance needing the support of about 18 of a projected 30 of the indies, or 16 if you consider the healy rae's are just going to work with whoever is in govt and operate kerry as a micro-shtate. There are a few FF's that will jump ship at the drop of a hat too.

As someone mentioned earlier, its essentially about scraping votes from the 'traditional parties'.
I love the idea - but that is a lot of different cats to herd

labour desperately need a changing of the guard. howlin is too much associated with the old generation, but their problem is that attack dog kelly would be in with a good chance of getting the leadership. i'd say burton is too close to retirement to be a serious contender.

I love the idea - but that is a lot of different cats to herd

It certainly is - I could see lab/GR looking at it as a path to redemption, as they clearly haven't lived down their previous coalitions in the public memory, SD's would need a lot more on the table to join up as murphy is a serious player. PBP I just dont know.

labour desperately need a changing of the guard. howlin is too much associated with the old generation, but their problem is that attack dog kelly would be in with a good chance of getting the leadership. i'd say burton is too close to retirement to be a serious contender.

100%, PBP are much closer to the labour ethic than they have been for years.

Fuck Joan Burton

Fuck Joan Burton
and Fuck Alan Kelly too

the cunt
LX%20TIPP%20COUNT%20__7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back