General election 2020 (3 Viewers)

Ok, so now I don't know what point you're making. You know lads who are still doing physical labour in their 70s, even though they are are eligible for pensions? And then you're worried about how physical workers are going to manage to work until they're 68?

I've seen plenty of guys in their 70s still running about on their feet all day and basically being too old for this shit
My old man was still doing hard physical labour in his 70s
Til the doctors stopped him - something we couldn't achieve

Some people have it in them

Breaks my heart to see ol' dears and ol' lads in the supermarket bagging groceries and whatnot, cos they still need the income

Ok, so now I don't know what point you're making. You know lads who are still doing physical labour in their 70s, even though they are are eligible for pensions? And then you're worried about how physical workers are going to manage to work until they're 68?

They're almost always American, have to either supplement their pension or plain don't have one, they all wished they could have retired years ago, and the only reason they can still do the job is that they had to move from the more physical aspects to the more organisational aspects meaning that instead of having to put shit together themselves they co-ordinate other people doing it instead.
Is that difficult to understand?

I think maybe all the rest of us should get pensions when we're 65, and you have to work until you die, sounds like a plan to me.

My old man was still doing hard physical labour in his 70s
Til the doctors stopped him - something we couldn't achieve

Some people have it in them

Breaks my heart to see ol' dears and ol' lads in the supermarket bagging groceries and whatnot, cos they still need the income

some of them are a few stamps short so only doing it for pension contributions so they can finally get enough stamps to draw a pension

napoleon-dynamite-the-best-drawing.gif

A lot of this, 'Vote FF/FG out' stuff on twitter, which I totally get.

But, being realistic about it, the most effective TD in my area in the FF lad. He's done a lot for local causes and the general area. When it comes down to it, that's why people will vote for him.

I hate FF/FG and would never vote for any of the cunts. But people in my area couldn't give a fiddlers that yer man is FF. He'll top the poll by a mile.

I'm away for these elections. Haven't a notion who I'd vote for if I was here. Voted for Zappone last time. Wouldn't vote for her again, nor do I even know if she's running.

Why make it even worse for them?
Lads, even if we lived in social-democratic utopia we would have to deal with the reduced workers-per-pensioner ratio somehow. Can you honestly not see that? It's either raise the pension age or reduce the pension (or raise taxes). Even the Swedes have raised their pension age. It's not something FG thought up on their own out of malice

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back