General election 2020 (5 Viewers)

Try telling manual labour workers – many of whom actually have good jobs – that they'll still be digging holes in the ground and lifting heavy cases up flights of stairs until they're 70, see how fucking well that goes down.
I suspect manual workers seldom last to 65 as it is. My Da talks about farm labourers being "bet to the ropes" in their 40s.

I suspect manual workers seldom last to 65 as it is. My Da talks about farm labourers being "bet to the ropes" in their 40s.
I wonder where that balance lies?
We’re told that sedentary desk jobs are bad for long term health and maintaining activity and exercise is vital to health in later life.
But on the other hand, there are physical jobs that seem to use you up and wear you out.

I am always jealous of postmen. That looks like the best goddamn job.
I’m thinking that’s what we should be doing.
Although maybe they knacker their hips with all the walking?

I am always jealous of postmen. That looks like the best goddamn job.
I’m thinking that’s what we should be doing.
Although maybe they knacker their hips with all the walking?
According to this walking is what we should all be doing, all the time. Not sure about on hard surfaces though

I'm sick of the chatter already. Talking-about-politics is the talking-about-bands for grownups, and just as pointless, possibly even more.

I'm not sure this rings true tbh. People vote for what they want the place to be like. If you are not well informed and well versed in these conversations then you haven't a hope of making any kind of inroads in your peer group or finding out things that would change your direction in voting. The alternative is waiting out for a slogan that seems to possibly encapsulate some kind of feeling. Lock her up, A lot done more to do, a future to look forward to. Beyond straight out bloodshed Countries change by 1 and 2% increments, sure by all means you can not enjoy it if you want but I'd much rather have some input and output and generally have a level of information that would give me confidence in whatever I end up scrawling an X beside. If you want really shit politics talk go to twitter and watch soundbites wage war with each other, but if you want have reasonable response to stuff when someone lands on your doorstep or god forbid a twitterati engages in the real world then hamming it out with the heads at thumped isn't the worst in the world by all means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back