Major Pleasures (4 Viewers)

Also, not a fan of marriage at all – if it works for you, fair play – but it’s hilarious to see some dude have his life basically undergo a reverse takeover, and then have him shoehorned out of his original family. All while him thinking it’s basically his own idea. I’ve seen versions of this happen to people and it never gets old.

I mean, or his wife got treated abhorently by racist press in a way other royals do not and he did the sound thing? shoehorned? by who exactly?

I also hate the royals and have zero opinion on meghan markle as a person, but the media and old boys pretending shes a divisive character so they can act like its not racism is old.

largely IDGAF, but racism is shit even if they're rich and priviledged. Not really buying this line of some dopey dude being doinked into leaving the royal family.

Tangents with Ann Post again but I was looking at the etymology of the terms recently and while Wife has many slightly sketchy slavey background origins that don't really ring out with the present understanding of the word husband is pretty nailed down, as in house bound, a man who is bound to the house. Etymology is never not fun to me.

Woke AND royalist!? World, you amaze me still. Post a link @Lili Marlene for god's sake
I suppose i'm thinking of the likes of Nicole Cliffe (who is a writer I often LIKE btw) downwards. Follow her on Twitter or read her stuff about the Crown.

I mean, I suspect you're going to try and gotcha me by pointing out that i'm not technically correct about her being a royalist but anyone who isn't actively hating on the very institution and enjoys the soap opera aspect/watching The Crown is a royalist from my point of view.

^true

Is the context of it just sort of lost on Americans or am I giving them too much credit? A podcast host I like is a royal obsessive, specifically in the Meghan context. She writes more about it from a race specific standpoint as a WOC, but its also so strangely out of sync with all of her politics, it kind of blows my mind?

Though, I don't know if I personally would stretch so far to thinking watching the Crown makes you a royalist.

Not being a royalist myself I have only seen one episode of The Crown, and only learned of the latest kerfuffle after looking up 'royal brexit' after reading this thread and so really have no clue about What's Going On Here, but c'mere ... when you say "racism" do you mean the Brits don't like her cos her Ma is black, or cos she's a Yank? Or both?

hilarious to see some dude have his life basically undergo a reverse takeover, and then have him shoehorned out of his original family. All while him thinking it’s basically his own idea. .

I hate to join in this conversation but are you saying that the nasty american woman is manipulating the dopey innocent royal boy?

I mean, or his wife got treated abhorently by racist press in a way other royals do not and he did the sound thing? shoehorned? by who exactly?

I also hate the royals and have zero opinion on meghan markle as a person, but the media and old boys pretending shes a divisive character so they can act like its not racism is old.

largely IDGAF, but racism is shit even if they're rich and priviledged. Not really buying this line of some dopey dude being doinked into leaving the royal family.
I can see that viewpoint.
But I’m coming from more the family she joined basically invented racism; the social construct of class and some people being better than others by birth. It was baked into the deal.

She found racism in the racism factory, of all places. It’s utterly disgusting, but has never been a secret.

She is literally a divisive character – she’s splitting up the royal family (also good and fuck ‘em).
The smoking gun for the dopey prince (for me) is everyone finding out at the same time; she knew enough not to let him consult anyone else beforehand, cos that dope could have his mind changed in a second.
I mean, that Elena tweet is hilarious, but pretty much tells the same story. He didn’t know what he wanted in life til his new wife scripted it for him.

Again, hopefully no one gets physically hurt, but everyone involved lives out a miserable existence because of this. Because we all need a laugh, right?

ETA
Bonus take - The Crown is basically a show about an antebellum big house, except the plantation stretched around the globe.

I can't get my head around this. Two adults who are in a relationship made a decision. Why does everyone assume one is manipulating the other?

I'm putting a coin in the "patriot" jar every time I reply to this thread.

I can see that viewpoint.
But I’m coming from more the family she joined basically invented racism; the social construct of class and some people being better than others by birth. It was baked into the deal.

She found racism in the racism factory, of all places. It’s utterly disgusting, but has never been a secret.

She is literally a divisive character – she’s splitting up the royal family (also good and fuck ‘em).
The smoking gun for the dopey prince (for me) is everyone finding out at the same time; she knew enough not to let him consult anyone else beforehand, cos that dope could have his mind changed in a second.
I mean, that Elena tweet is hilarious, but pretty much tells the same story. He didn’t know what he wanted in life til his new wife scripted it for him.

Again, hopefully no one gets physically hurt, but everyone involved lives out a miserable existence because of this. Because we all need a laugh, right?

ETA
Bonus take - The Crown is basically a show about an antebellum big house, except the plantation stretched around the globe.

Hold on the English media have been making a meal out of Megan you can hardly say that Harry isint going to be pissed off about that. He probably holds a grudge since childhood against certain news outlets and even blames them for the death of his mother. Subsequently his mourning her death as a child also became a part of the news round. The idea is maybe to step out of that Circus but hardly one that is going to be new to him.

^true

Is the context of it just sort of lost on Americans or am I giving them too much credit? A podcast host I like is a royal obsessive, specifically in the Meghan context. She writes more about it from a race specific standpoint as a WOC, but its also so strangely out of sync with all of her politics, it kind of blows my mind?
Well... I mean I suppose it's a similar context as Beyonce... is it just being a buzzkill to point out that the whole QUEEN BEYONCE thing is possibly, maybe, a little unnerving rather than fun considering the history of royalty and slavery and the conditions of, eg. the people actually working on her clothing line...

or is it just people trying to get through their day already and they would happily not stan beyonce if the entire system could be torn down, give them a break already.

I dunno, probably a bit of both, the US presidential race is already treated like they are voting in a dictator.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back