What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

Absolutely MARATHONING Schitt's Creek over Xmas, after months of it being on my to-watch list. I'm just genuinely in love with this how. Serious slow start, wasn't into the characters at all and couldn't see myself continuing but Jesus, now I'm addicted. And Dan Levy is THE single most gorgeous human I've ever laid eyes on. LOVE.

They like this in my house. I bailed after a couple of episodes but other stuck with it and ended up really liking it.

Not a series but the Netflix special John Mulaney & The Sack Lunch Bunch is great. Jake Gyllenhaal's cameo is the funniest thing I've seen all year.

They like this in my house. I bailed after a couple of episodes but other stuck with it and ended up really liking it.

Yeah this is it, you have to push through the first few episodes where you kind of just hate them all. Also, it not being one of those laugh out loud shows, they always take a bit longer for me. But it was really worth it if, like me, you like your comedy really hearty.

I’m enjoying schitts creek too.

Here lads, is the Witcher any good? Can’t tell from twitter. There’s seems to be a bit of an ironic level to the enjoyment and I’m not really in the mood for something that’s so bad it’s good.

I got the urge to re-watch a few episodes of The Wire a while back and of course I have ended up not being able to stop and am now halfway through series 4. It's still great but I appear to have developed something approaching critical thinking in the last decade because I can find lots of faults with it all the same which I never thought of the first time around.

Has anyone read the All The Pieces Matter book on it and if yes is it any good?

I would actually love an auld rewatch of the Wire, its been a few years! Boddddie :(

Fleabag - missed out on this when it was on the real telly but got a present of the DVDs at Xmas and am now just finished season 1. It's really good but I don't think it's the greatest television drama of all time as some people seem to think.

Started some total and utter "netflix" thing called Dead To Me. Unnecessary unclothed bit - check
Pot scene - check
Wine scene - check
Rich beautiful people - check
The word cunt - surprisingly not check.

Anyway seems barely watchable but good if you like a totally unbelievable plot or Ellen Page.

Started some total and utter "netflix" thing called Dead To Me. Unnecessary unclothed bit - check
Pot scene - check
Wine scene - check
Rich beautiful people - check
The word cunt - surprisingly not check.

Anyway seems barely watchable but good if you like a totally unbelievable plot or Ellen Page.
I watched a bit of this. Was another case of a good 90 film idea being stretched over 10 episodes. Gave up after about 4

I too enjoyed the BBC’s Dracula, well the first episode at least, haven’t watched the rest yet. I liked the wide boy version of the Count because the actor was able to switch between wiseacre and genuinely scary with ease. What I didn’t like was the body horror elements – give me classic Victorian creepiness any day – I’d rather see the Count transform into a wolf in a plume of creepy mist than burst out of its stomach like The Thing. The Thing is The Thing and Dracula is something else. The nun was great.

I too enjoyed the BBC’s Dracula, well the first episode at least, haven’t watched the rest yet. I liked the wide boy version of the Count because the actor was able to switch between wiseacre and genuinely scary with ease. What I didn’t like was the body horror elements – give me classic Victorian creepiness any day – I’d rather see the Count transform into a wolf in a plume of creepy mist than burst out of its stomach like The Thing. The Thing is The Thing and Dracula is something else. The nun was great.
I finished the third episode last night and overall I thought it was good precisely because it incorporated a lot of non-traditional elements for a Dracula adaptation. The Francis Ford Coppola is the definitive faithful adaptation so there’s no need for another one to recreate the book. This manages to go off-piste without falling into most of the traps that make other modern versions of Dracula shit. It also sidesteps a lot of the modern vampire tropes to inhabit a fairly unique version of the story. The gore worked for me, it wasn’t the be all and end all of the horror but equally there’s a fair amount of OTT horror from the Victorian era with the penny dreadfuls, Grand Guignol theatres, daily life, etc. so not a massive leap for me. The baby scene in the book is fairly traumatic in fairness. I really expected to be underwhelmed by the whole thing as I find a lot of BBC drama to be fairly homogenous. I’ll probably watch this again around Halloween.

I finished the third episode last night and overall I thought it was good precisely because it incorporated a lot of non-traditional elements for a Dracula adaptation. The Francis Ford Coppola is the definitive faithful adaptation so there’s no need for another one to recreate the book. This manages to go off-piste without falling into most of the traps that make other modern versions of Dracula shit. It also sidesteps a lot of the modern vampire tropes to inhabit a fairly unique version of the story. The gore worked for me, it wasn’t the be all and end all of the horror but equally there’s a fair amount of OTT horror from the Victorian era with the penny dreadfuls, Grand Guignol theatres, daily life, etc. so not a massive leap for me. The baby scene in the book is fairly traumatic in fairness. I really expected to be underwhelmed by the whole thing as I find a lot of BBC drama to be fairly homogenous. I’ll probably watch this again around Halloween.
I expected to be underwhelmed too, and it did have some typical BBC production values, but it was so well played and written that I didn't care.

I expected to be underwhelmed too, and it did have some typical BBC production values, but it was so well played and written that I didn't care.
I wonder will they go back to Agatha Christie next year or will they do another horror classic? Frankenstein is really due a good adaptation, though I’d love to see something like The Monk turned into a kaleidoscopic visual mess of gore and sex. Probably not a BBC thing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back