BREXIT (6 Viewers)

yeah but

🎵white water rafting🎶

hqdefault.jpg
We're not going to let some big out- of- town Jasper tell us we can't have a white water rafting in the city centre are we?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I actually can't believe it's really happening. It's truly something.... exactly the same as what they were all laughing at on twitter three weeks ago

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love how people are more upset about 23 million that the council isn't spending itself on this white water centre than the billions been given to Greyhound racing and other sports that could be put do much better use than killing dogs.

I love how people are more upset about 23 million that the council isn't spending itself on this white water centre than the billions been given to Greyhound racing and other sports that could be put do much better use than killing dogs.
Yes, this is a fair point, I suppose it's foolish to assume a City Council under a Fine Gael government wouldn't reflect their policies as implemented in all areas across the entire country.

Rather like how it would be foolish to assume that the NHS wouldn't be for sale under a Tory government.

Thread back on track :cool:

'it'll attract 30,000 visitors a year!'
you mean less than 100 a day so.

'it'll earn nearly half a million in its first year!'
so you mean it'll take over 50 years to break even.

Well It hasn't been the right minute for general election for a number years now the current government has been really dodging a bullet because of "Brexit uncertainty".

just think of it as killing little horses

yeah but

🎵white water rafting🎶

hqdefault.jpg

I had to go off and finally look up this rafting thing because of the non stop shite talking.

Are you talking about this white water thing in the Docklands?

Because that looks class. There's one tiny bit of white water up on the Liffey, in the sluice by Lucan (I think), and that's it. There's absolutely fuck all investment in paddling, (or cycling for that matter) in Ireland. Whitewater slalom is a legit sport.

No one bats an eye when GAA, or Rugby or whatever gets yet another metric fuckton of cash, but build a facility for kayakers for... I mean, the first time in the history of the country as far as I know, and everyone goes apeshit.

I had to go off and finally look up this rafting thing because of the non stop shite talking.

Are you talking about this white water thing in the Docklands?

Because that looks class. There's one tiny bit of white water up on the Liffey, in the sluice by Lucan (I think), and that's it. There's absolutely fuck all investment in paddling, (or cycling for that matter) in Ireland. Whitewater slalom is a legit sport.

No one bats an eye when GAA, or Rugby or whatever gets yet another metric fuckton of cash, but build a facility for kayakers for... I mean, the first time in the history of the country as far as I know, and everyone goes apeshit.

the Lucan Weir, yes. been down it a fe wtime sover the years. good fun. theres a few 'sluices' around there actually

There's absolutely fuck all investment in paddling, (or cycling for that matter) in Ireland. Whitewater slalom is a legit sport.
picking up on that though - cycling ireland must be thinking 'was it something we said?'
there's been talk of a proper velodrome for donkey's years, which should be cheaper than building this; it's not as if we don't have the talent in ireland - but we don't have a velodrome which can be used when it's raining. instead, this somehow gets leapfrogged.

picking up on that though - cycling ireland must be thinking 'was it something we said?'
there's been talk of a proper velodrome for donkey's years, which should be cheaper than building this; it's not as if we don't have the talent in ireland - but we don't have a velodrome which can be used when it's raining. instead, this somehow gets leapfrogged.

Yeah, reflexively I'd fund cycling if I had the choice. Cycling is one of the many redheadded bastard children sports of Ireland. And I've spent way more time riding than paddling, but even as a cyclist I'd not begrudge paddlers a training facility. (Granted I think white water paddling is class.)

There should be a covered velodrome as well!

Ireland is big enough for more sports than Rugger and GAA. We shouldn't be getting pissy about investments in sports that aren't a rake of lads running around a muddy field.

I heard some green party guy on the radio talking about the one in Cardiff and he said it costs about £40 or £50 for about an hour and a half, it's shut most of the time presumably due to lack of demand, its mainly geared towards stag/hens/novelty outings rather than genuine sports users and why can't we have almost anything else?

Is there Not a velodrome in Dublin 12??

On the other hand how many Fringe sports are going to get facilities in probably the most expensive property area in the country. GAA at the core requires space and a ball and a group. Whitewater you are a couple of hundred euro in before you can even try it. It's for rich people.

A couple of years ago something happened in Ireland concerning water, cost, waste, leaky pipes, metering and so on. Be damned if I can remember what it was

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back