BREXIT (2 Viewers)

Couple of different perspectives in the labour anti-Semitism issue

If i'm to take the newspapers at face value, everyone personally thinks Corbyn is "weak" and "too extreme" and they're all raving capitalists who genuinely believe that they will one day be millionaires.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

FFS. None of these people ever actually explain what they mean because they're always very clear that they don't want another Blair but then start faffing around when asked what they do want. The answer is Obama of course. Or Dad :rolleyes:

he used to be a fucker for "all lives mattering" antisemitism, that is to say when asked if he condemns it his stock answer used to be along the lines of "yes, I condemn anti-semitism along with Islamophobia, homophobia, sexism and all forms of racism," which is a correct way to feel about things but it's the wrong answer to give to that question.
So you're saying that people could interpret that answer as an antisemitic dog whistle? I think if they did they'd be hearing what they want to hear

EKTvYnOU8AABF16

For what it's worth I found this a very good response for those who definitely want to talk about antisemitism in the Labour party but completely coincidentally never bring it up about other parties or, indeed, under any Labour leader that leans right.

Don't see why Corbyn shouldn't have a few warts or be criticised he is human after all.

Honestly, I'd say the Philip Pullman posts I put above is a better argument worth having. Maybe he is too far left, it's certainly something that can be discussed. The anti-semitism stuff isn't because it's clearly a hit job. Corbyn is far from perfect, like the rest of us.

Last edited:
For what it's worth I found this a very good response

Great response which will be seen by a handful of people and not shared by any BBC, Sky News or Guardian journalists.

Corbyn is far from perfect, like the rest of us.

wanted to add to this

Corbyn is far from perfect, like the rest of us, but when the attacks are basically saying he's a Nazi and that the UK will re-enact the holocaust under a Corbyn leadership you'd (not you specifically) have to be acting in pretty bad faith to follow it up with "why are so obsessed with defending him, why are you hero-worshipping him, this is a personality cult. These are just simple critiques. Everyone has flaws. "

C'mere - is anti-semitism really a thing in the UK? Or in Ireland? I'm 47 and have met exactly one person in my life who had anything to say about "the Jews" and he was a wack job who used to complain that in London you couldn't lie down for a drunken sleep on the footpath with the cops hassling you (and who was very quickly fired)

I just think its a well worn smear tool and even discussing it propogates it and indirectly gives the extremities of society some kind of validation. i.e. I agree with egg and I didn't get ONE LIKE for my previous post on this so you guys are all clearly communists.

C'mere - is anti-semitism really a thing in the UK? Or in Ireland? I'm 47 and have met exactly one person in my life who had anything to say about "the Jews" and he was a wack job who used to complain that in London you couldn't lie down for a drunken sleep on the footpath with the cops hassling you (and who was very quickly fired)
I don't know I'd never really heard much talk about it before I got engaged with the Labour. I have a Jewish friend who accepts that JC might not personally be antisemitic but thinks that all the people around him, Milne etc, are. He's traditionally a Labour voter who will be voting Lib Dems at this election.

This is probably Ireland's most anti-Semitic event we can't really compare ourselves to other countries or in different centuries. It is most likely geographic reasons that we never had a major Jewish population here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back