Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

Something is causing my circuit board to trip. I've isolated the problem to the sockets in the sitting room, and part of the kitchen but can't figure out what's causing it. I've unplugged everything but it will trip every time.

That or you’ve a small leak causing a short

That or you’ve a small leak causing a short
It tripped at about 4 a.m. which rules out a specific appliance causing the issue. It wasn't raining here last night though so I don't think it was a leak.

Unless the dog decided to piss on something. He has form.

I think it's a socket in the kitchen. I have a guy coming to look. the same guy who "fixed" it last time but here in the sticks beggars can't be choosers.

Something is causing my circuit board to trip. I've isolated the problem to the sockets in the sitting room, and part of the kitchen but can't figure out what's causing it. I've unplugged everything but it will trip every time.
Might be worth checking the wiring to those sockets

Do you ever get the feeling that someone in your line of vision/who sits near you at work is doing something specifically to get your attention? Like they take a book out of their bag and keep turning it over in their hands and kinda side eyeing you like they want you to go "oh wow what a great book"? I know its not a punishable offense by any means, but I'm in a bad mood and said person has been creeping me out a little in other ways, so I'm being an asshole and purposefully ignoring them

Also, same colleague keeps a big bag of snacks beside desk. No probs, snacks are grand. But its really disconcerting when someone snacks on a dry sliced pan, and kinda pulls it out in a "low key" way, slice by slice, like they don't want to share/anyone to see. Reminds me of that Dylan Moran sketch about irish people eating a bag of crisps out of their pocket.

might have been a sandwich out of their pocket in that sketch actually... even more relevant.

It might be just the fuse in the circuit board itself. Sure I've tried everything else at this stage..what could possibly go wrong?

Well then there are no fuses on the board. It’s just a circuit that keeps getting tripped and you’ve to reset it by pushing back up the switch?
Yeah that's it. It's the one for the wall sockets in the living room and kitchen. But it keeps tripping, even though I have unplugged everything. I thought i could check the circuit breaker itself but read it might be dangerous without a multi-meter as there could still be current in it if it's dodgy

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back