Jaysus cycling! (7 Viewers)

Yep, father and son operation. I the l think Derek is heavily involved in swords mcnally, so he gets a lot of business from club members there. Biancha dealership, I've seen some very very looking expensive bikes in there.

that seems to have started after much outrage over one of the lads from dublin cycling campaign being filmed wearing (shock, horror) normal clothes on a bike, for a piece about the new dangerous overtaking legislation.

i do think he might have received a knock on the head, because he agreed to appear on liveline yesterday to discuss it.

i grew up in the housing estate which is the main sticking point in the plans for a greenway along the royal canal. one of the legitimate concerns (and there are plenty of invented concerns) is in relation to people using the estate for park and ride for the nearby train station; the greenway may end up making this easier to do.

i grew up in the housing estate which is the main sticking point in the plans for a greenway along the royal canal. one of the legitimate concerns (and there are plenty of invented concerns) is in relation to people using the estate for park and ride for the nearby train station; the greenway may end up making this easier to do.
Sorry, I'm thick or something. How does the greenway make it easier to dump cars? Because there's nice a straight walk to the train station?

What's the opinion of something like the county council issuing stickers for the people that live in the estate allowing them to park 9-5 Mon-Fri on the side of the road.

Does that sort of thing happen in Ireland?

They have it here: you ask for a sticker and they print one up with your reg plate on it (so you can't be flogging them). It seems to work, although it's shit in my place seeing as they run it 24 hours a day, meaning you can basically never have visitors to your place if they're in cars.

Sorry, I'm thick or something. How does the greenway make it easier to dump cars? Because there's nice a straight walk to the train station?
yeah, the greenway would potentially mean a shorter walk to the train station. there's already park and ride happening in the estate at the end near the train station, this would facilitate it.
for the record, i'm all for the greenway; the main issue is which side of the canal it will be placed on. the locals want it placed on the south side of the canal, but that would limit its utility quite a bit.

What's the opinion of something like the county council issuing stickers for the people that live in the estate allowing them to park 9-5 Mon-Fri on the side of the road.

Does that sort of thing happen in Ireland?

They have it here: you ask for a sticker and they print one up with your reg plate on it (so you can't be flogging them). It seems to work, although it's shit in my place seeing as they run it 24 hours a day, meaning you can basically never have visitors to your place if they're in cars.
I think they do that in parts of Dublin with no driveways like Ranelagh. Pass for the car for residents and potentially a few guest passes per year? Then pay and display for anyone else.

I agree, if they don't actually make it a segregated cycle path it'll be a coastal parking facility, trying to get that into conversation asap here :)

I think they do that in parts of Dublin with no driveways like Ranelagh. Pass for the car for residents and potentially a few guest passes per year? Then pay and display for anyone else.

Actually that's even better, Pay and Display is a good alternative. I'll pay a few quid if I have to park a car in some estate once in a blue moon. Maybe relax it for the weekends if you're visiting the grandad or something.

Yeah, the driveway thing is another factor. I'd probably say if you've got a driveway it's assumed that you use it for a car. If you've *two* cars and need to park one on the road, then you pay for a sticker. If you're a commuter you don't get that option.

I've noticed that it's bloody murder trying to negotiate through some estates with cars lining both sides of the road. Cunts opening doors into you, kids stepping out from behind SUVs, all manner of traps.

There's a process that a road / estate can go through to opt to go pay and display. If it happens then you get parking permits for visitors and don't pay yourself. But... You potentially end up with way less parking because it's all designated parking spaces rather than a free for all. We live in a small cul de sac with no pay and display at present and we've no driveway. It's not a problem but may become one when James Hospital is finished and lots of pricks decide to park in our cul de sac rather than pay for the parking on site or get the bus.

i dropped this crowd a mail about this tyre offer:
asking them to confirm if they were tubeless or tube-type, because the description originally said TLR (which might imply tubeless) - he replied on sunday evening saying sorry, yeah, they're tube type and threw in a few inner tubes and energy bars in the order as a kinda apology. very decent service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back