Leap, WTF? (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Just got a leap card for the young lad. Jesus fucking christ, for something that should make public transport easier it fails badly. The website is harder to follow than quizzlestick!

Am I just old or is it a monumental fuck up?

Quizzlestick:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't think I've ever had to use the website for a leap card. Got one years ago and it gets occasional use. Always worked fine.

We've 3, one each and one for the older kid. Never had an issue. I usually top up using the app, but also at machines. Website top up is a pain in the butt as you either need to use the app or a machine to add the credit anyway, so we don't bother with it.

The website is, without a doubt, shit. It is woefully - and completely unnecessarily - complicated and makes what should be a straightforward transaction completely opaque. Sure, you get used to it. Having to "activate" the top up is shit and makes no sense until you realise that it's not a centrally managed account that manages your balance - in this, the year of our lord 2019, YOUR MONEY IS IN THE ACTUAL CARD. Having to "activate" the top up and it only working if you've completed the transaction online by 10pm the night before is also, shit.

I don't envy the poor civil servants that had to get Dublin Bus, Bus Eireann and Transdev onto the same page and share their data, but when people hammer IT projects and say things like "designed by committee" THIS IS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

What am I doing wrong then? We had to designate ONE SHOP where the top up can happen. So if we top up his card on the site (there is ONLY an android app) he still has to go to the one shop in order to get it. Oh and it might no be available for 36 hrs. For Fucks sake.

Oh and we only did this because young lad got the bus last sunday morning and the driver didn't have change for a 50 (note that the fare is €15). Did he just say "sorry I have no change"? Did he fuck? He was up out of his seat roaring at us on the path about "how many other jobs does someone have to carry change!!!" and on and on and on, a good 3 minutes of abuse. He was a total asshole. Some nice student behind us just paid for our son's fare using his Leap card and we gave him a tenner.

I top mine up at Luas stations. Easy. If you are near a Luas station that is.

What am I doing wrong then? We had to designate ONE SHOP where the top up can happen. So if we top up his card on the site (there is ONLY an android app) he still has to go to the one shop in order to get it. Oh and it might no be available for 36 hrs. For Fucks sake.

Oh and we only did this because young lad got the bus last sunday morning and the driver didn't have change for a 50 (note that the fare is €15). Did he just say "sorry I have no change"? Did he fuck? He was up out of his seat roaring at us on the path about "how many other jobs does someone have to carry change!!!" and on and on and on, a good 3 minutes of abuse. He was a total asshole. Some nice student behind us just paid for our son's fare using his Leap card and we gave him a tenner.

I'd probably email bus eireann about this. Nothing will happen other than the driver will have to sit through some stupid HR interview but like, The driver should have to sit through some stupid HR interview for acting like that.

near field communication. it's magic that lets a portable telephony device talk to other devices just by being close to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back