Major Complaints Thread (2 Viewers)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not sure what kind of complaint this is. In the 50's my grandparents lost three children in or near childbirth or early life. At the time they weren't christened and wouldn't have been allowed in the family plot so my grandfather dug graves for them, as quite a few other neighbours did in locally recognised off the grid plot. This morning uncle travelling mat produced a headstone that he'd researched as best he could with the names and years and so on as the landowner has kinda quietly said to locals that we can put up markers in the area. I'm going to learn how to do concrete and finish work my grandfather started in the 50s. I'm not sure if this is a complaint at all other than Its gonna be best guess where he might have buried them and altogether a sobering affair

So I went down to check this place out today. First off, this isn't more than 1 km from this house i've lived in on and off basically since I was born. I had zero idea of its existence till this thing kicked off. A bit of map study shows that first off the bat its in the middle of an old stone circle that is long ruined. It is an abbey on 120 year old maps but not even sure its noted on the modern ones. And there hasn't been a road to it for at least 140 years so Its just a case of parking and hiking across fields. Anywhoo after all the research and trying to figure what the least amount of trespassing i could do it ended up looking like this, which is some kind of terrifying half underground mini altar type thing which seems to be part of a vanity project of the landed gentry around the time of the famine, which is crazy when you look at that swish stone cutting. Its not that the earth has come up round it, it actuall has steps down to it from level that seem to be part of the design.

72624707_648317302361765_3888487399218479104_n.jpg

75371709_738087269949257_3873961248592756736_n.jpg

This seems trivial now, but, no download code with the new WIlco vinyl. Cheap assholes.

I find this to be a major complaint, and not just with Wilco. It drives me mad. (I haven't bought any of their albums since the self titled one, but they used to come with CDs instead of a download, which was more than acceptable)

This is not trivial. Skint Irish bands give codes.
Yeah, I only meant trivial in reference to your previous post with the family history. It has really fucked me off. Haven't listened to the record yet and have lost all desire to do so. Think the last record I bought was the new dinah brand, which did come with a download code, and I expect that they are indeed, skint.

An old housemate of mine hated download codes. He enjoyed when records didn't have them as it forced him to sit down with the album and give it his undivided attention more often. He was a very abstemious fellow. When we watched the Wire we were only allowed one episode per week. My other housemate cracked before the end of season one!

An old housemate of mine hated download codes. He enjoyed when records didn't have them as it forced him to sit down with the album and give it his undivided attention more often. He was a very abstemious fellow. When we watched the Wire we were only allowed one episode per week. My other housemate cracked before the end of season one!

It was this lad, wasn't it?

vinyl-record-hipster-cafe.jpg

Was working this corporate shit in a field in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, Dublin bus actually goes past there once every half an hour, and there's a bus stop on the road right outside this fuckin place.
Anyway thing finishes early so hey, I'm actually able to get the bus back to Dublin. Out I go to wait at the bus stop, which is on this totally unlighted road with no footpaths or anything – but they sure as fuck have a little pavement area for the bus stop. I mean, I got off the bus at that stop, so yeah it's a bus stop.
So naturally, after waiting 20 minutes, along comes the good old Dublin bus(67) and proceeds to drive right the fuck past me without even thinking about slowing down; despite the fact that I practically threw myself in front of the fucking thing.
End result, I have to walk 5 minutes up the verge of this shitty road with no fucking footpath to the next stop which is a bit less in the middle of a fucking field and wait half an hour for the next bus to come along, which picked me up no bother.
Fucking bus wankers.

Was working this corporate shit in a field in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, Dublin bus actually goes past there once every half an hour, and there's a bus stop on the road right outside this fuckin place.
Anyway thing finishes early so hey, I'm actually able to get the bus back to Dublin. Out I go to wait at the bus stop, which is on this totally unlighted road with no footpaths or anything – but they sure as fuck have a little pavement area for the bus stop. I mean, I got off the bus at that stop, so yeah it's a bus stop.
So naturally, after waiting 20 minutes, along comes the good old Dublin bus(67) and proceeds to drive right the fuck past me without even thinking about slowing down; despite the fact that I practically threw myself in front of the fucking thing.
End result, I have to walk 5 minutes up the verge of this shitty road with no fucking footpath to the next stop which is a bit less in the middle of a fucking field and wait half an hour for the next bus to come along, which picked me up no bother.
Fucking bus wankers.

i'm sure a strongly worded email will sort this

Tracked down what appears to be one of the few remaining Nintendo Labo VR Starter kits, on Littlewoods. Whole Christmas morning plan was in the balance.
Delivery scheduled for December 19th. Delayed to 20th, then 23rd, now 27th.

Sitting in a delivery "hub" in Portarlington since Decembet 18th.

Fastway Couriers: Redefining Fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back