Considering streaming options (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I'm changing phone provider next week so I have no reason to stay with Google Music,as I was paying for that subscription with my unused credit.,

I'm considering changing over to Spotify purely because if someone posts a playlist online its always Spotify . I have my reservations though. GPM is just so good for playing albums no fuss

I dunno..I betcha you all are on Spotify

Yep, am a Spotify subscriber.

You can integrate it with your account on here. What more do you need?

I've used them all I think, they're all the same with some small price differences and the occasional catalogue difference. You could probably get a good year's free streaming if you hopped from one trial offer to the other.

There's the Spotify "family plan" which costs a fiver more but allows a load of you to use it and they don't seem to actually go to a lot of effort checking IP addresses or anything.

I have the web player going here and its playing an album very nicely..plus its in Dark Mode which GPM doesnt have .. its horrendous looking white and orange

I think I'll make the jump. Everybody is on Spotify..pointless being some kinda loner..who am I the joker?

FYI the free version of Spotify behaves just like the premium if you have sufficient ad blocking on your chrome . I'm getting no ads whatsoever here. Its just doing exactly what I want.
Feck it thats me sold.

The last time I tried it I playing an album just wasnt that straight forward . Its grand now

I have a free spotify on the tablet. I barely ever use it. When I do it's to preview albums I'm thinking of buying. Recently deleted spotify off the phone. I never use it. I think it's a great deal for the listener, but I'm not really that interested at the mo. Can't see myself paying a subscription. Maybe in the future....

How do you pay for subscriptions and other stuff with your phone credit?
If you're on 3 you can use that unused credit in the google play store...and enter competitions on RTE with it. I was on the €20 plan with 3 so a GPM subscription and a few Late Late show competition entries were a nice bonus on top

I'm after signing up to that new GoMo though so thats me finished with all that . I'm actually gonna be worse off deal wise..except unlimited calls to all irish phones is something I want that I don't have currently.

Only confirming what everyone else says - it's as good as any others but it's where everyone, and all their playlists are.

Google Music's main benefit is being able to upload your own stolen music to it.
Yeah ..I started to upload some of my personal collection then didnt bother my bollix. Couldnt be arsed..just look for new tunes to listen to

If you're on 3 you can use that unused credit in the google play store...and enter competitions on RTE with it. I was on the €20 plan with 3 so a GPM subscription and a few Late Late show competition entries were a nice bonus on top

I'm after signing up to that new GoMo though so thats me finished with all that . I'm actually gonna be worse off deal wise..except unlimited calls to all irish phones is something I want that I don't have currently.
Never heard of gomo, looks like a good deal. Are you using it yet? Can you keep your number and hotspot away?

Never heard of gomo, looks like a good deal. Are you using it yet? Can you keep your number and hotspot away?
Havent gotten my simcard yet. I don't see any reason why you couldnt hotspot. And yeah you keep your number

IMG_1115.jpg

I think spotify is winning in general.

Apple bought pandora (somethig like 8-10% of US market) which is shite because I make way more money on pandora than i do on spotify.

But like I dont see apple beating spotify.

Yeah ..I started to upload some of my personal collection then didnt bother my bollix. Couldnt be arsed..just look for new tunes to listen to
You're right
Mostly just habit at this stage
And stuff I can't get on Spotify or has leaked.

What I like about Spotify is finding users like music supervisors on shows where you dig the music and listening to what they listen to
Or music writers or whatever - they can be good rabbit holes
This obviously is not gonna appeal to everyone

Came across this website dealing with the economics of it all ..this article is illuminating

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back