Beards (1 Viewer)

After years of going "why do all those fuckers have much tidier long beards than I do even though I try to keep it well" it only hit me recently, those fuckers all still have hair on their heads and they get their barbers to do it. So a couple of weeks ago I did what I thought I'd never need to do again and went to the barbers. While my beard was being trimmed I was old I was doing a good job on shaving my head.

After years of going "why do all those fuckers have much tidier long beards than I do even though I try to keep it well" it only hit me recently, those fuckers all still have hair on their heads and they get their barbers to do it. So a couple of weeks ago I did what I thought I'd never need to do again and went to the barbers. While my beard was being trimmed I was old I was doing a good job on shaving my head.
Yeah, my barber is fully responsible for my beard. Never considered what baldy beardies would do. I presumed everyone else was better at trimming their own beard.

Yeah, my barber is fully responsible for my beard. Never considered what baldy beardies would do. I presumed everyone else was better at trimming their own beard.

When I get it to the length I want it I'll probably be able to maintain it for the most part, but as it's still growing out I can't manage the tidying and reshaping required.

I saw them in a shop yesterday, including ones for head hair and pubes

i wonder if that model on the box knows her image is being used to sell fanny baubles

baubs.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone have any beard oil recommendations that I can buy in Dublin City centre? The stuff I’ve been using doesn’t seem to be stocked in Ireland.

I shave about every 6-8 days.
I don't really GET cultivated facial hair (as opposed to just not shaving out of laziness)

from 1996-98 i used to let the hair on my face and head grow for about 2 months
and then would shave it all off (again out of laziness).

I got my head saved 3 days ago so the hair on my face - last shaved 6 days ago
is slightly longer.
I get my head shaved about every two or three weeks.

yeah, often there have been times when i shaved 2 (even 3 !) times a week.
i shaved nearly every day for 6-7 months in 2005 (only time in my life i ever got
in such silly habit) i gave up because my face was sore.
stupid waste of time.

I went through a period of shaving everyday. It was the only way to avoid a shave that hurt or was difficult. Plus blades lasted longer and it took less time.
I aim to get back to that.

Anyone have any beard oil recommendations that I can buy in Dublin City centre? The stuff I’ve been using doesn’t seem to be stocked in Ireland.

Proraso beard balm is good. Sugar daddy opposite the central hotel stock it I think. If not the usually have good stuff anyway. I think I've seen it in chemists as well.

The viscosity of "balms" can vary but this one is more of an oil than a wax

I've only recently started to make an effort to take care of my beard. Up to now it's been either chop it with a scissors or get it trimmed while I'm getting my hair done (but that's always a simple electric beard shaver job). A few weeks ago I was going to a posh do so decided to go into town to get it properly shaped/trimmed/seen to. This turned out to be tricky. All the fancy barber places (like the one beside Grogans) had no appointments that day (and seemed really expensive). I ended up in the barbers at the Halfpenny bridge and the guy there did it for a tenner. I'm not sure even that was worth it though. It was pretty much a trim (a good job all right) but I was looking for someone to meticulously sculpt it into a work of art. I probably don't have enough beard to make that possible. Yet.

Also started using beard oil/stuff. Haven't settled on one that works yet so might try Unicron's suggestion there.

As for shaving (the hairy bits of my face where I don't have a beard that is) - about a year ago I just started shaving in the shower. No need for any shaving cream or any of that palaver. If I do it every time I shower then it only takes a minute and is easy. Slap on some moisturizer when drying off and job done.

Also started using beard oil/stuff. Haven't settled on one that works yet so might try Unicron's suggestion there.

you'd be surprised by how little you need to use to get good result. A couple of drops. And more than that you're just wasting it because you'll just wash it off your hands afterwards.

I was looking for someone to meticulously sculpt it into a work of art.
The guy I go to is amazing but not cheap. Totally worth it for me though.

you'd be surprised by how little you need to use to get good result. A couple of drops. And more than that you're just wasting it because you'll just wash it off your hands afterwards.
Yeah, 2-3 drops is all I use and it’s enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back