The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (3 Viewers)

It's only in the last few years ivecrealky started to get the Pretenders. Just need to buy some records.

First couple of Blondie records are ridiculous

Where do people sit with The Cars, seeing as Ric Ocasek just checked out (and no ‘bonus points for producing Bad Brains / GBV’ please)?

Where do people sit with The Cars, seeing as Ric Ocasek just checked out (and no ‘bonus points for producing Bad Brains / GBV’ please)?
Suicide tho, defo bonus points for that.

I think Heartbeat City is one of the greatest singles ever made. Kinda mediocre band after that. Maybe they were one of those "you had to be there" bands.

Suicide tho, defo bonus points for that.

I think Heartbeat City is one of the greatest singles ever made. Kinda mediocre band after that. Maybe they were one of those "you had to be there" bands.
I was there every night my old man put on the greatest hits. I didn’t get it then but I really like their first album now. Bye Bye Love, All Mixed Up, etc all deadly.

Like many of us I was introduced to The Cars through MTUSA . I always felt they were like a good American pop/rock band that listened to an awful lot of good English music . Kind of like Cheap Trick in that way. So for me that gave them an edge that made them more appealing than other radio friendly American bands. I Never explored further than the big singles though. And I was never a fan of "Drive" . Perect song title for them though, I'll give them that.

I was there every night my old man put on the greatest hits. I didn’t get it then but I really like their first album now. Bye Bye Love, All Mixed Up, etc all deadly.
Zactly,

first album is one of the absolute greatest first albums. Second one is mostly good with some real high points but after that I struggle. I don't really like the Greatest Hits tbh, so much cheesy stuff on there that does nothing for me. Reading about him since he died he seems like a really interesting guy so am vaguely toying with trying their later albums and his solo stuff, see if I can get on his wavelength.

Pretenders are amazing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Chrissie Hyndes is a real interesting guitarist, she plays everything just behind the beat, sounds great. Obviously they had the problem when half of them died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back