What gig did you go to last night? (4 Viewers)

Who were Strontium Dog?

I thought there may have been footage on youtube,as a few gigs were video taped. But no. What I did find was this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Played one gig,and was Andy Cairns and Chappy(guitar and vocals in Strontium Dog,bass and vocals in Catweazle) along with Charlie on drums,who was the brother of Michael from Therapy? and played with Michael in Evil Priest.

Anyway,And and Chappy shared songwriting so this isn't a million miles away,but maybe a little slower and less "wild" than Strontium Dog.

I thought there may have been footage on youtube,as a few gigs were video taped. But no. What I did find was this

Played one gig,and was Andy Cairns and Chappy(guitar and vocals in Strontium Dog,bass and vocals in Catweazle) along with Charlie on drums,who was the brother of Michael from Therapy? and played with Michael in Evil Priest.

Anyway,And and Chappy shared songwriting so this isn't a million miles away,but maybe a little slower and less "wild" than Strontium Dog.

Excellent. Can't beat that practice room recording sound

They did I demo,but I think my copy is long gone. I know I have other bands he did,including a tape of the catweazle practice.

They were amazing.
I was speaking to Chappy at the slf gig funnily enough. I always visit him when in Belfast. I'll try to remember to ask does he have anything.

I went to Manchester.

On Friday night, I saw Courtney barnett, temples and goat girl at Manchester psych festival

On Saturday, it was the Beths with support from peaness

On Sunday was the main reason as the spook school are breaking up, they are doing a farewell tour. Really good show, enjoyed. Support was from a band from cincinati, Leggy and also an English band Kermes in a small venue with 1 toilet. All 3 acts put on good to excellent shows.

I had fun. Not a huge traveller but felt I wouldn't see spook school again so went over

I went to Manchester.

On Friday night, I saw Courtney barnett, temples and goat girl at Manchester psych festival

On Saturday, it was the Beths with support from peaness

On Sunday was the main reason as the spook school are breaking up, they are doing a farewell tour. Really good show, enjoyed. Support was from a band from cincinati, Leggy and also an English band Kermes in a small venue with 1 toilet. All 3 acts put on good to excellent shows.

I had fun. Not a huge traveller but felt I wouldn't see spook school again so went over

I love the Spook School! I'm going to see them on Thursday night. It'll be a bit sad but I'm glad they're going away before they make an average album.

Emma Lohan and Branwen

The artists kept mentioning something about the electricty going off which transpired to be actually happening which kinda made it a lot of fun. There were works going on on the street so at 11 the power was all going off.

Branwen was great, hadn't seen her play since twin headed wolf era. She always leaves you feeling a bit like there are more ways to enjoy music.

Emma Lohan with smaller band than last time but good and comical all the same as the gig got closer and closer to the power going off, which happened during 'the 8th' - which is probably one of the best songs i've heard in years. She finished out the gig acoustic and we all drank pints with candles. Branwen did a bit of sean nós, great stuff.

More powercuts

Pere Ubu in the Grand Social. It was wedged, too hot and full of annoying people but the band were great. I initially couldn't see the drummer's head because where I was standing he was behind David Thomas but then I saw the hand movements I knew it was Chris Cutler, one of my very favorite drummers, so that was a cool surprise. He could have been a bit louder but whatever. If he wasn't there I'd probably have left early because the place was agitating me.

Last weekend I saw Steve Gunn. Good guitar player and atmos creator but lets face it, a rubbish songwriter.
Declan O'Rourke. He was good, enjoyed it. Too much chat though. Y'know, "here's a song about blah blah blah" songs starts.... "blah blah blah". Ruined a few tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back