What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

I went to see Holiday. The attendant said to us "just to warn you this is very, very violent."

She was right there. Very good film, beautifully shot, not for the faint of heart. Glamorizes some terrible stuff but also bravely portrays a sad reality.

I went to see Holiday. The attendant said to us "just to warn you this is very, very violent."

She was right there. Very good film, beautifully shot, not for the faint of heart. Glamorizes some terrible stuff but also bravely portrays a sad reality.

I don't know about glamorised exactly, but I get what ya mean, certainly the whole setting is deliberately luxurious, but I would think that's to drive the point home harder.

I watched Angel Has Fallen and it's great craic, haha. Actually it's a pretty damn good action film for a large part, it only gets a bit overly silly towards the end really. Also there's a truck chase scene in it and I spent the whole sequence humming this again

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know about glamorised exactly, but I get what ya mean, certainly the whole setting is deliberately luxurious, but I would think that's to drive the point home harder.
I mean, the ending... Its a bit "and the love story worked out in the end..." where, in reality, she'd end up dead, homeless, or in hospital. She seemed to recover from her intense drug binges fairly quick too.

Over the weekend I rewatched The Good Girl, which I still really enjoyed. Shocked to learn that the gothy makeup counter girl was played by Zooey Deschanel.

Then the next night I watched Gone Girl again, no clue why I thought it was good the first time. Some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard.

Iron Sky: The Coming Race

maxresdefault.jpg

Its not as good as the first one, but its still fun. I guess a modern b-movie but Hitler on a dinosaur is enough to get me in the door. If you like the first one you'll probably like it too. I'm a huge fan of the world they've built in this series, imdb gives it 5/10 which is fair enough.

I mean, the ending... Its a bit "and the love story worked out in the end..." where, in reality, she'd end up dead, homeless, or in hospital. She seemed to recover from her intense drug binges fairly quick too.

I thought it was more "And she had to pretend everything was fine because she was too scared to even tell the cops". Like for sure she's gonna end up murdered by psycho. You gotta love those movie drugs that never give any body a bad buzz.

Offensive an American couple including a veteran retire to the south of France where the local community and especially the elderly are being harrased by disrespectful young teenagers I really liked it.

I thought it was more "And she had to pretend everything was fine because she was too scared to even tell the cops". Like for sure she's gonna end up murdered by psycho. You gotta love those movie drugs that never give any body a bad buzz.
That's true! It was awesome anyway. Some debut!

Araby

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My partner didn't like it. I thought it was good.

I'm not going to talk too much about it, but I liked lots of things about it.

I also learned that Blues Run The Game wasn't written by Bert Jansch... oops

I watched Crawl, a Sam Raimi sponsored film about people that get trapped in the crawl space under a house with alligators during a hurricane in Florida. It's pretty funny, total bollocks naturally, but quite entertaining.

Last night I watched The Mustang. Matthias Schoenaerts (I think I spelt it right?) plays an inmate in an American prison that operates a horse training scheme as part of rehabilitation. Bruce Dern pops up as the horse expert fella.
It's fuckin great, Schoenaerts is class as usual, wouldn't like to walk past him in a dark alley, he looks fucking huge. Bruce Dern is as usual fuckin amazing, then again I don't know if I've ever seen him in a film where he's not playing a cranky old lad. But sure he's fuckin class at it.
The cinematography is great in this film and it doesn't try to over explain the plot or anything, it's performance driven and the performances are superb, then it turns out that it's based on all this actual real shit that does happen in certain prisons in America. Oh great soundtrack too for the most part.

Hustlers. Thought it was very good, but be aware
  • Despite her billing in the advertising, Lizzo is only in it for maybe 3 minutes
  • Cardi B gets way more lines than Lizzo, but still she's only in maybe 3 scenes
  • All men are scum

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back