Any wrestling fans? (1 Viewer)

I had... stuff to deal with so I've only watched a third of the BOSJ this year, but the Shingo/SHO match from the first night was phenomenal, so I'm going to watch all the Shingo matches for sure. The final was indeed phenomenal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Went to Wrestlerama 3 which was put on by Over The Top Wrestling in the National basketball Arena on Sunday.

Amazingly fun night! Good mix of humour and action. Was in the front row so had westlers landing a my feet during the night. Enjoyed it more than the WWE live suff I've seen. Will definitely be going again. Highly recommended!

Went to Wrestlerama 3 which was put on by Over The Top Wrestling in the National basketball Arena on Sunday.

Amazingly fun night! Good mix of humour and action. Was in the front row so had westlers landing a my feet during the night. Enjoyed it more than the WWE live suff I've seen. Will definitely be going again. Highly recommended!

Glad you enjoyed yourself! I have my issues with OTT but their shows in bigger venues have been pretty good, even if they don't half go on late (I've had to miss the main events of all three I've attended).

Glad you enjoyed yourself! I have my issues with OTT but their shows in bigger venues have been pretty good, even if they don't half go on late (I've had to miss the main events of all three I've attended).

Yeah, this one started on time but ran an hour late. Didn't bother me as we were driving but it would have been an issue if getting the bus. Curious to hear about the issues you mention! Never followed any small promotions before so if there's stuff I should be watching out for, please let me know!

Yeah, this one started on time but ran an hour late. Didn't bother me as we were driving but it would have been an issue if getting the bus. Curious to hear about the issues you mention! Never followed any small promotions before so if there's stuff I should be watching out for, please let me know!

This is all my own personal experience, so take it with the requisite pinch of salt, but anyway: I went to two shows of theirs at the Tivoli (the nightclub, not the actual theatre) and they were awful experiences, mostly down to the crowd. There was so much cheap drink flowing, and the general arseholishness that comes with it (people pushing you out of the way from your spot, etc), that the atmosphere was just horrible. Worse than any gig I've ever been to. (And when I pointed that out on Twitter, well, can't be having that can we?)

That hasn't been the case at their larger shows (I've only gone to see the imports), they're more professionally run (I've been to the National Stadium twice, and out to Good Counsel in Drimnagh once). They've also dropped a lot of their 'fuck PG' bullshit, most of which amounted to classism and homophobia, just nasty, mean-spirited 'we're so edgy' stuff.

But like I said, they've dropped a lot of that now, they're cleaning up their act. That's a good thing! They really need to work on their show timings, though. They've been going five years, no excuse for that carry on when, say, Rev Pro in London (who've been around almost as long) go out of their way to make their shows public transport friendly.

This is all my own personal experience, so take it with the requisite pinch of salt, but anyway: I went to two shows of theirs at the Tivoli (the nightclub, not the actual theatre) and they were awful experiences, mostly down to the crowd. There was so much cheap drink flowing, and the general arseholishness that comes with it (people pushing you out of the way from your spot, etc), that the atmosphere was just horrible. Worse than any gig I've ever been to. (And when I pointed that out on Twitter, well, can't be having that can we?)

That hasn't been the case at their larger shows (I've only gone to see the imports), they're more professionally run (I've been to the National Stadium twice, and out to Good Counsel in Drimnagh once). They've also dropped a lot of their 'fuck PG' bullshit, most of which amounted to classism and homophobia, just nasty, mean-spirited 'we're so edgy' stuff.

Yeah, was kind of worried going in that there would be a good bit of that stuff actually but thankfully it was a booze-free night in the Basketball Arena and most people seemed pretty respectful. The only bad thing I heard was a group of lads, and one woman in fairness, shouting constant abuse at one of the women that came out as a "valet" for one of the guys. Only so many times you can make the same boob joke! Apart from that, any heckling was done in a fun way. Curious to see how I find it in smaller venues now. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, was kind of worried going in that there would be a good bit of that stuff actually but thankfully it was a booze-free night in the Basketball Arena and most people seemed pretty respectful. The only bad thing I heard was a group of lads, and one woman in fairness, shouting constant abuse at one of the women that came out as a "valet" for one of the guys. Only so many times you can make the same boob joke! Apart from that, any heckling was done in a fun way. Curious to see how I find it in smaller venues now. Thanks for the heads up!

I probably would have gone myself it it wasn't on that far out (and wasn't on a Sunday). I was lucky enough to see Bandido a few months ago!

I probably would have gone myself it it wasn't on that far out (and wasn't on a Sunday). I was lucky enough to see Bandido a few months ago!

Yeah, definitely not the easiest venue to get to. Thankfully my mate was driving! Bandido was seriously impressive. Already looking forward to the next event!

Wrestling fans can be fucking awful but when it all comes together for the right show or match it's magic.

There was an American Wrestling Rampage tour that had a show in the Basketball Arena in 2008 (the internet tells me) that I was at. Special appearance by Bret Hart with Sabu, The Sandman and Tatanka wrestling on the show. I have vague memories of the wrestling being awful but it was my first chance to see Bret walking to a ring to his classic theme which was exciting. I think this must've been the same time he did a book signing in Wrestlingmania (?) in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.

Wait, since you mentioned Tatanka, I just remembered my last time at the Basketball Arena was actually 2002, for the first Irish Whip Wrestling show! They ran two that day, I was at the matinee. I remember getting lost on the dual carriageway after getting off the bus at the wrong stop. I remember portly Tatanka, and the main event was Justice Pain versus Zandig for the CZW title (apparently they saved the light tubes and stuff for the evening show). And I passed by Cannonball Grizzly (previously known as PN News) at the door on the way out.

it's like he's playing with some small children

I heard this review of The Mountie vs Tatanka on the Bryan & Vinny show so I went and watched the match and then listened to the review again. Early 90s cartoonish wrestling in all its glory.

I heard this review of The Mountie vs Tatanka on the Bryan & Vinny show so I went and watched the match and then listened to the review again. Early 90s cartoonish wrestling in all its glory.

It's funny how he went from 'intense weirdo who would murder you with a cattle prod' to yuk-yuks within the space of a few months.

Seeing Okada vs Suzuki live on Saturday night was deadly. I'm going to Tokyo next month and am a bit sad that I land a few days after the next IWGP title match takes place because it'll probably be even better. The Copper Box is a great venue for wrasslin'. I would definitely go to an AEW show there if they ran it next year. Hopefully New Japan come back too.

Seeing Okada vs Suzuki live on Saturday night was deadly. I'm going to Tokyo next month and am a bit sad that I land a few days after the next IWGP title match takes place because it'll probably be even better. The Copper Box is a great venue for wrasslin'. I would definitely go to an AEW show there if they ran it next year. Hopefully New Japan come back too.

That KENTA concussion looked nasty, however, and it's put me off watching the show on NJPW World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back