What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (6 Viewers)

I have to be on twitter for my job, until I quit or the world fucking falls apart I have to deal with all the 23 year olds finding some half-forgotten soft-rock or disco song and declaring it THE REAL DEFINING SONG OF THIS OR ANY OTHER GENERATION in that same twitter voice everyone speaks in and I increasingly find myself thinking in. Fucking hell life is grim.

I have a work account that I have to log into on monday. I just rid of the semi personal one. Not to hyped out that at all.

So far, I'm still seeing a fair bit f twiiter through here, fb, reddit and so on but my interest level in being tied to it is through the floor. There is so much less AI coughing up the dumbest thought of the day into my eyes already.

Well there was a video posted on twitter earlier of some young girls in a hijabs getting racially abused by a gang of teens in Dundrum and this pro cycling account compared it to the plight of Dublin cyclists and the treatment they get from other road users

Well there was a video posted on twitter earlier of some young girls in a hijabs getting racially abused by a gang of teens in Dundrum and this pro cycling account compared it to the plight of Dublin cyclists and the treatment they get from other road users

Fuck sake, sounds like that particular cyclist probably deserves the shit they get!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it's actually a bit of a joke among cyclists - the 'if you're a white male and want to feel what it's like to be a woman or minority, hop on a bike; if you get in trouble, people will automatically assume you were wearing the wrong clothing, or had not taken enough precautions to protect yourself, so it's your own fault, etc.'
i don't think anyone takes the comparison too seriously though. the tweet was a little ham fisted about it though.

What, a LIAR?

The worst kind of LIAR no doubt.

Just did my daily work tour. Same people amplifying a bunch of stuff I'd otherwise never have heard of while claiming to be against it.

The weekly good bercow moment.

Outrage at dumb stuff.

Hot comedy takes on things.

Some people attacking Greta Thunberg, Some people defending Greta Thunberg while piling on the data mountain.

Log out.

This kinda thing goes around most days.

Zero evidence maximum return. Show some examples you coward.

This kinda thing goes around most days.

Zero evidence maximum return. Show some examples you coward.

Yeah you can just pay a lot of places to play a round of golf and practice to becoming a member.
Almost every Irish rugby squad member is from a private fee paying school

Yeah you can just pay a lot of places to play a round of golf and practice to becoming a member.
Almost every Irish rugby squad member is from a private fee paying school
I was referring more to the kinda comparison they are making. 'i see a number of people' - unless he's willing to screen grab or quote then it's just some hypothetical subtweeting to me. I don't care about rugby or golf. It's more how something without evidence can spread on social media because it's what people want to hear. It might be true, if so have the balls to evidence it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back