Trigger Warning (1 Viewer)

I'm very lucky how i'm treated as an adult but i'm never going to stop calling out all the adults who are shit to to the kids !
All the worst moments i've had in my life were as a boy growing up, i cannot believe some of the things that were/are routinely considered OK by society - as I said I've been lucky to avoid all this as an adult. My conscience is clear that i've never treated like this as an adult.

I was slapped a lot as a kid (at least 85% of the time by women) and unfortunately i think there is a strong link between adult male behaviour and the large amount of MINOR violence boys are more likely experience.

i think up until teens the difference between how girls and boys are treated is much narrower
after that it become a large chasm.
I would tie consent classes in with explaining how women are discriminated against and how growing into shit male behaviour relates to this.

But adults who routinely disrespect the youth need to be called out too ( i had a major grudge against authority figures in my childhood and many of them were female).

i've strongly supported no means no / anti rape / pro consent / anti harassment politics since i was a teenager BUT it was only in my late 30's when i saw a 2014 BBC dramatization of an abusive relationship called 'MURDERED BY MY BOYFRIEND' that i finally understood domestic violence.

actually until i was in my thirties i never cared about this at all.
I've never had been in a relationship and i simply had no idea how difficult it is to extricate
yourself from a thug particularly when a child is involved.

i was HUGELY surprised how much the man/murderer cared for their little girl but he was trying to play her off against her mother who he wanted under his total control or out of his life completely... her death is very scary and extreme.

before seeing this I was clueless as to how domestic abuse would play out - it was alien to me.
even as a 21 year old when i asked a psychiatric nurse how give me an idea / case study of how
this would occur she didn't even try other than to say to trust her it was a big problem.
( she didn't want to acknowledge slapping children is violence either.....)
Anyway here's the link to 'Murdered By My Boyfriend'. this is superb and should be broadcast regularly :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-xgNuWxQOc

the narration is for the blind but please don't let it put you off.

I've very unpopularity made the point before that intersectional feminism can often leave the motorway before it gets to the intersection where it meets the middle aged white male.

Problematic Ann Post strikes again.

I've very unpopularity made the point before that intersectional feminism can often leave the motorway before it gets to the intersection where it meets the middle aged white male.

Problematic Ann Post strikes again.
are they giving you the hard shoulder over it?

Decent thread that was doing the rounds, as they say

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

some TERRIBLE responses to it

Decent thread that was doing the rounds, as they say

some TERRIBLE responses to it

Really interesting reading. I don’t think it’s just teenage boys though. I pretty much gave up Facebook because a lot of alt right nonsense was starting to creep in to my news feed.
I’ve also noticed it a little bit on YouTube, a video that’s marked as Embarrassing Fails or something similar ends up being some right wing horseshit

One hell of a book cover in fairness

41RRf%2BvC7lL.jpg

look at that flaming font!

Beard looks good though, have to give him that. He looked much worse before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back