Minor Pleasures (14 Viewers)

holy sit.had jack-fruit last night all torn up and fried like pulled pork..

fucking A1 and Tesco sell it cheap in tins!
Ever had jackfruit ice cream? Major pleasure. I’m also a big fan of Malay jackfruit hard boiled sweets. I also don’t get why people think it’s stinky (and yes I’ve had raw durian)

Oh WOW, I want to do a dimsum class! How hard is making the cases? I wonder if they can be easily veganized... everything about this appeals to me. I bought a lovely steaming basket a few months back and have yet to use it for anything other than veggies.

Oh WOW, I want to do a dimsum class! How hard is making the cases? I wonder if they can be easily veganized... everything about this appeals to me. I bought a lovely steaming basket a few months back and have yet to use it for anything other than veggies.
The dough is really easy and the recipe I’m using is vegan (just flour and water). Assembling them requires a tiny bit of a knack but not that tricky.

The more traditional recipe has lard in it but I haven’t tried that one yet - I went with simplicity last night but the basic recipe is great. I made a pork filling last night but we were discussing ideas for vegetarian/vegan alternatives last night. Mushrooms, aubergine, beans/peas, etc. should all work.

I don’t have a steaming basket, used a metal one I had at home (my photos was from the class itself) but want to get the bamboo one with the multiple layers so I can churn out the dumplings.

Dough recipe here. Knead until a smooth dough, rest for 30 minutes and then roll out. Cut into circles (about 8 cm in diameter) and spoon filling into the centre. Seal up by pinching them into a crescent shape, ensuring that you squeeze all the air out (or they’ll burst when cooking). Steam for 10 minutes and eat immediately. Go again.

E1E9A8EE-B258-41E2-AA74-8F9DBC75D134.jpeg

Flat out on the studio build

View attachment 12965View attachment 12966

Making 9 of these and putting them on wheels. More details later when I finish the cool bonus stuff.

First phase done - acoustic foam on the back, books or gear on the front and all on locking castors. Had to take a few days out to decorate the kitchen. Bit of a break for evaluation before the next batch get assembled. So far very easy to move. They are square within about 1-2% but the floor is unlevel.

IMG_20190821_151030.jpg IMG_20190821_142402.jpg IMG_20190821_142310.jpg

The books are my uncle s collection. There are about 130 metres of books and a neighbor built shelves for him that are awful. I'm gonna replace all of them with mobile book shelves like these so it'll be either a library or a jamming space, lofi studio, sewing room and woodworking shop. More as it happens.

IMG_20190821_142553.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back