What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Oh and over the past couple of days I watched Assault on Precinct 13 and Night of the Demon.
I love this information but can you give us a word or two about how you liked them?

Just a yay or nay even would do me

I watched Casting the Runes, followed by Night of the Demon over the weekend too. Night of...is so much better.
I don’t know about Casting the Runes, is it a more recent adaptation? Going to re-read the story soon.

I love this information but can you give us a word or two about how you liked them?

Just a yay or nay even would do me
Big fucking yay to both. Assault is early John Carpenter and just exudes menace, despite dating a bit. Night of the Demon is from 1957 and manages to be an occult thriller that doesn't descend into absolute silliness. Notable for being where Kate Bush sampled the “It’s in the trees! It’s coming!” line at the start of “Hounds of Love”.

I don’t know about Casting the Runes, is it a more recent adaptation? Going to re-read the story soon.

Big fucking yay to both. Assault is early John Carpenter and just exudes menace, despite dating a bit. Night of the Demon is from 1957 and manages to be an occult thriller that doesn't descend into absolute silliness. Notable for being where Kate Bush sampled the “It’s in the trees! It’s coming!” line at the start of “Hounds of Love”.

Notably sampled by Lustmord too of course

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Satanico Pandemonium

A nun falls into temptation. This is an odd one. For a movie from this period (1975) there is a surprising amount of nudity and violence. It feels a little like a folks tale at times. The dapper Lucifer reminded me of a scene from The VVitch. I liked it a lot.

If self- flagellating naked lesbian nuns are your thing you might give it a go.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A little bit of trivia, Salma Hayek's character on from Dusk til Dawn is named after this movie.

51j37MOgZcL._SY445_.jpg

Sat%C3%A1nico_pandemonium.jpg

Shaft - the new one. It was.... alright? Probably not worth staying up until 3am to finish watching.

Bob Lazar - Area:51 and Flying Saucers. I'm convinced.

Our son got all nostalgic for Pixar films after seeing Toy Story 4 so the Monsters Inc DVD got dug out. What struck me was how well constructed that film is. Within the first two scenes the viewer is totally up to date with the Monster world and ready for the story. It is done so effortlessly. Absolutely brilliant.
Now I want to fill the holes in my pixar viewing. There's 3 or 4 I haven't seen.

Once Upon A Time in America ..extremely long and occasionally stagey ,but I loved it.
Moon ...steller!
Dublin Oldschool .. brutal

No one posted about Midsommer yet? I. LOVED. IT. SO. MUCH. A rare thing for a 2.5 hour film (in my opnion, generally, too fucking long. How dare films be more than 2 hours to be honest), I wanted to watch it again right after finishing. Florence Pugh is perfect.

No one posted about Midsommer yet? I. LOVED. IT. SO. MUCH. A rare thing for a 2.5 hour film (in my opnion, generally, too fucking long. How dare films be more than 2 hours to be honest), I wanted to watch it again right after finishing. Florence Pugh is perfect.
Seeing it tonight. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Hoping to see Midsommar before it finishes in the cinema.

Was sick yesterday so watched The Fog and It Follows. Both were grand and passed the time but expected more from both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back