What gig didn't you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

According to this review, metallica played the Olympia on Friday night. So I didn't go see metallica at either.

I would probably go if they were playing in the Olympia. That's the size venue I want to see bands in, or smaller & definitely no bigger than vicar street. It will be 31 years in October since I saw them last..

In response to the thread title. I didn't go to any gigs last night. The last one was Ariel pink in August 2018.

What?????? Where was he?

Vicar St. His first Irish appearance in 19 years. His last one sounded bizarre, he was the warm up act for Aimee Man and also came out between songs to do the banter because she hates doing it.

At the end someone shouted out to not wait 19 years to come back, he said he was hoping for next summer, maybe a run of theater shows over a few nights so he can hang around the city.

Ugh, I think my body’s decided for me: I whacked my foot into a wall yesterday and now my toe is bruised and I can’t walk on it. Plus my sinus congestion just made me deaf in my left ear. Tomorrow isn’t the kind of Monday I can slack off, anyway. And I’ve seen the Puppets twice before, just not with Bostrom on the drums. Sigh.

Vicar St. His first Irish appearance in 19 years. His last one sounded bizarre, he was the warm up act for Aimee Man and also came out between songs to do the banter because she hates doing it.

At the end someone shouted out to not wait 19 years to come back, he said he was hoping for next summer, maybe a run of theater shows over a few nights so he can hang around the city.

Damn!!! Couldn't have gone anyway,but would love to have.

mclusky* - it's kind of nice to have reached an age where I don't feel the need to go to absolutely everything and can be happy with happy memories from previous gigs even for my most favourite bands. Went to the pub for a few pints with a friend instead. Good decision I reckon.

mclusky* - it's kind of nice to have reached an age where I don't feel the need to go to absolutely everything and can be happy with happy memories from previous gigs even for my most favourite bands. Went to the pub for a few pints with a friend instead. Good decision I reckon.

I think mclusky are playing here in September so you can catch them then.
Have to admit, I've reached the same stage as yourself. If I go to gigs nowadays, it's more about catching up with mates than being absolutely dying to see the band.

On the subject of gigs I didn't go to, I also didn't head to Metallica. Would kind have liked to but the thoughts of the trip to Slane totally put me off. I went and did a colour run with my kids. I think it was more craic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back