What gig(s) are you going to this week? (1 Viewer)

Speaking of parking and shouty emails from MCD. Slane. I was instructed to use an app to sort out transport. But 1, the dumb app doesn't work on a phone with a smaller screen (iphone 5!), 2 there was no parking option from the Navan direction.
So I looked around and found this site Castle Park Slane Official Carpark and Campsite For Metallica Slane Concert 2019. Where it claims the car park is right beside the castle. (The shouty email says car parking is 30 minutes walk away). Is this site legit. If it is just run by a local farmer with a field then I'm all for it.

Speaking of parking and shouty emails from MCD. Slane. I was instructed to use an app to sort out transport. But 1, the dumb app doesn't work on a phone with a smaller screen (iphone 5!), 2 there was no parking option from the Navan direction.
So I looked around and found this site Castle Park Slane Official Carpark and Campsite For Metallica Slane Concert 2019. Where it claims the car park is right beside the castle. (The shouty email says car parking is 30 minutes walk away). Is this site legit. If it is just run by a local farmer with a field then I'm all for it.

Back when I was going to Slane there was a farmer's field on the "back entracne" that was just over the road from it. That'd be the route to the venue where you walk in through the farm with the castle on your right, coming from where I am in Kildare I drove through Navan to get to it. If it's that one then it's very handy

As opposed to the route which I think most people know which is the long path and you enter near the bridge at the bottom of the village of Slane and when the path ends and things open up the castle is in front of you on the left.

I'm also going to Slane. My friends shave organised camping..possibly in the place you mentioned. We have to be there before 8am on Saturday morning as they will close the roads, so we're heading up tomorrow night. Looking forward to sub-standard Ghost, in the rain, with a massive hangover.

I'm also going to Slane. My friends shave organised camping..possibly in the place you mentioned. We have to be there before 8am on Saturday morning as they will close the roads, so we're heading up tomorrow night. Looking forward to sub-standard Ghost, in the rain, with a massive hangover.
I think it's the only camping option, so yea, there.
Looking forward to Ghost. Pity you camping. I'm not planning on getting there til 4 or 5pm

I think it's the only camping option, so yea, there.
Looking forward to Ghost. Pity you camping. I'm not planning on getting there til 4 or 5pm
I'll enjoy going back to the tent after the gig. It's a massive yoke and looks really comfortable. The "getting to" and especially" the leaving" is the worst part about Slane. After the Rolling stones fiasco I swore I'd never go back but it's my friend's birthday and she's a massive Ghost fan so..

my mum is going to this

I was going to go to that but Carlow and outdoors. Though now there’s the opportunity to make a “I slept with yore ma!” joke. Decisions, decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back