What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

I have a strange prejudice when it comes to horror films. If it's made in the 60's, 70's or 80's i want to see, the mid 80's probably being the cut off point. If they're from the 90's & 2000's I'm not that interested. There's a few exceptions. I'm sure I'm missing out on loads of cool films, but hey ho....

I have a strange prejudice when it comes to horror films. If it's made in the 60's, 70's or 80's i want to see, the mid 80's probably being the cut off point. If they're from the 90's & 2000's I'm not that interested. There's a few exceptions. I'm sure I'm missing out on loads of cool films, but hey ho....
I love horror from all eras but CGI and over-reliance on jump scares is the worst thing that's happened to the genre. You still get the occasional gem - The Witch, Hereditary, Green Room etc...

gonna rewatch this soon, also posting the fuck out of this every time someone announces chic playing ireland, which is every day.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I absolutely loved High Life, properly blown away by it.

Me too but I was puzzled by some it. See spoiler below. The timeline of events is so fractured that I think a second viewing is probably needed to appreciate the significance and nuances of some of the scenes in the first half of the film.

Why couldn't people just fuck?

Me too but I was puzzled by some it. See spoiler below. The timeline of events is so fractured that I think a second viewing is probably needed to appreciate the significance and nuances of some of the scenes in the first half of the film.

It took me a while to cop on to the time jump near the end; "who's that again? Ohhhhh I get it now"

As for you question in the spoiler. I'm not sure, scientific rigour? They wanted to try all the combinations of person to see who would produce a successful result? Not sure why they couldn't do it recreationally though.

I liked the way they accounted for the low budget not allowing them to do much zero gravity stuff

Yeah instead of letting them float out an airlock we're going to drop them down a hole, deal with it

also

They didn't explain how a lot of the characters died did they? Or did I miss that?

1. because she wanted to harvest all their jizz 2. because they were a bunch of dangerous convicts in a mixed sex prison in space and fucking could lead to bad shit (which it did)

I thought the most "distressing" part was the initial scene when he threw the cryogenically frozen bodies out of the airlock (at least I presumed they were frozen and not dead .... I could be wrong). I kept wondering if they were going to wake up when thawed out and find themselves alive inside a spacesuit, lost in the void ....

Wine Country. Formulaic Netflix comedy. Some good characters in this but the same old tired script. Why do these Netflix films mix the sound so terribly? The music is mixed ten times louder than the dialogue

Watched Rosemary's Baby again and just found out about this madness

Michel Rostand , who had a very small part in the film went on to form a religious cult. There is a documentary about it I must track down

160831124509-michel-holy-hell-rosemarys-baby-exlarge-169.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back