European and Local elections 2019 (24 Viewers)

• Thread starter IFF
  • Start date
  • Replies 292
  • Views 28K
  • Watchers 5
One of ours is a "former Rose of Tralee ". It's on her campaign literature, posters, press releases etc.
#1 obviously.

Here's a rally driver running on a road safety platform. A rally driver in donegal which is basically the national centre for road tragedy.

View attachment 12789

Unfortunately I was thinking about Gemma O'Doherty when I happened to spot this on my way home. Is he a racist? I don't know who to vote for

Apparently a nice fellah.
Slogan kind of struck me as a bit possibly sketchy as well.
I’ve been told he’s referring to himself being a ‘salt of the earth’ type ‘true Dub’ type thing. Not so sure about that angle.

Coincidentally I'm on my way to the sorta debates for the EC president election. Trying to get to grips with how it works on the way there. Polling suggests a wide coalition with the group fine geal are in on top, potential for a left/right anti Europe coalition too. I expect a very diplomatic floor crossing showpiece.

Those new fine Gael posters do not do well in the weather

uJy2eAF.jpg

Coincidentally I'm on my way to the sorta debates for the EC president election. Trying to get to grips with how it works on the way there. Polling suggests a wide coalition with the group fine geal are in on top, potential for a left/right anti Europe coalition too. I expect a very diplomatic floor crossing showpiece.

It was very diplomatic floor crossing showpiece.

Topics for debate included

Climate: Lots of not arguing with the fgreen party and the usual bio vs industry speculations.

Migrants: (peter casey was on twitter the next day saying that nobody was talking about migrants. All six potential european presidents were made discuss migrants on stage in front of the entire hemisphere the night before, i'm now convinced he doesn't know what an MEP does).

Tax Havens (yes, us) .

My guess at an outcome from here is that

FES (labour) or EPP (fine geal) win the most seats.

Nobody was making any real digs on the European green party and they are looking like they might slip into third place in the EU so to pick a president the backing of the European Greens, ALDE (FF), one more small party and a rake of independents will be required.

Watching the debates, of the two main parties the EPP seemed to control the debate marginally better than the FES guy.

If the FES guy comes out on top we have the interesting dynamic that UK has to wean out the rest of brexit with a labour EU commission head.

At present Ireland has nobody in the EU greens and nobody in FES (Labour) but do have a fair few in EPP (FG) and Ming/S in the European left movent.

Personally looking at this I'm going green #2 with my MEP vote as Its a gamble between FES/EPP and both need the greens to pass anything. I'll probably give Ming the #1 though as the euro hard right is very likely to reconstitute itself so my expectation is line of alliance including

(378 i think is a majority vote. )

EPP or FES (about 200)
Green (about 85)
ALDE (about 50)
European left (about 30)
A few indies.

Thats if they want to ally in a way that avoids the tories and the hard right / hard left / break up europe parties.

this is probably the first youtube ad i haven't skipped

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not a fan of Ming but I will give him a preference and hopefully if it comes down to the last seat between him and Casey, he would hopefully get it ahead of Casey.

A thought, if both carthy and fianna fail's Brendan smith is elected, this would cause a bye election in 6 months in cavan-monaghan. Carthy is sf candidate for next sail election so might in that shypothethical scenario mean carthy would be standing for the dail, six months after being reelected.

View attachment 12789

Unfortunately I was thinking about Gemma O'Doherty when I happened to spot this on my way home. Is he a racist? I don't know who to vote for
hes ex-shinners. Didn't someone try and shoot him once?

he'd be the type of lad I'd vote for (wouldn't vote for shinners, but no probs with ex-shinners) cos he'd deffo be the type to know what's going on 'on the ground'. A good gah man too.

this is probably the first youtube ad i haven't skipped

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the only 2 people I can see myself giving a vote to are Gannon and Alice Mary Higgins. Fuck the rest of them.

As for the local elections, other than the goons gawping down at me from the lamp-posts, and for whom the hatred is real, and growing by the minute, I don't know what the fuck is going on. No cunt with a 'Fine' or a 'Fianna' is getting a look in. There's one independent lad I've been impressed with, and maybe one of those solidarity crowd (though I dislike Paul Murphy and that makes me not want to vote for anyone to do with him).

the only 2 people I can see myself giving a vote to are Gannon and Alice Mary Higgins. Fuck the rest of them.

As for the local elections, other than the goons gawping down at me from the lamp-posts, and for whom the hatred is real, and growing by the minute, I don't know what the fuck is going on. No cunt with a 'Fine' or a 'Fianna' is getting a look in. There's one independent lad I've been impressed with, and maybe one of those solidarity crowd (though I dislike Paul Murphy and that makes me not want to vote for anyone to do with him).
I sort of object to independents in general. There are more than enough parties to be able to choose one that broadly represents where you sit on the political spectrum. It's just a cop-out to pretend you're not like the rest of them. And frankly is a bit arrogant. Also they invariably just look after their locale and very rarely harbour a bigger picture view of what might be good for the country. I suppose they make more sense when voting in local elections compared to general (where the hope is to be able to bribe the government for a few concessions in the case of a closely run election) but still.

I sort of object to independents in general. There are more than enough parties to be able to choose one that broadly represents where you sit on the political spectrum. It's just a cop-out to pretend you're not like the rest of them. And frankly is a bit arrogant. Also they invariably just look after their locale and very rarely harbour a bigger picture view of what might be good for the country. I suppose they make more sense when voting in local elections compared to general (where the hope is to be able to bribe the government for a few concessions in the case of a closely run election) but still.
yeah, that makes sense. Except I can't bring myself to vote for any party. All the main ones are cunts. And you might as well be voting independent as any of the small ones. The indos form alliances (ie: the speaking group) once elected so they're not completely useless. And voting for someone from a party who are, effectively, told what to think, is something I will never do. Politics is fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back