Don't know where else to put this (1 Viewer)

Finally!!!!!!!!!! Building is finished and we are home. Time to start sorting shit and getting the place comfy. Eoin has his own shower room and his hoist is in place,along with ramps in to the front and back of the house.

Feels good,but very emotional.

Thanks.

That's great to hear, you must be relieved. Best of luck to ye all.

My back is broke,but its good to be home.

First time my records have been upstairs in about 15 years. Purge coming.

I know it's the least of your worries, but moving records, what a pain in the arse.

The last time (and it will hopefully be the last time) we moved, the lad we hired to move our stuff was all "Ah Jaysus! Vinyl records! That's great! Haven't seen them in ages."

His enthusiasm was somewhat dampened after moving 60 odd boxes of them. People forget how fucking heavy they are.

Anyway, It's always nice to spend some quality time poring over the collection...!

I know it's the least of your worries, but moving records, what a pain in the arse.

The last time (and it will hopefully be the last time) we moved, the lad we hired to move our stuff was all "Ah Jaysus! Vinyl records! That's great! Haven't seen them in ages."

His enthusiasm was somewhat dampened after moving 60 odd boxes of them. People forget how fucking heavy they are.

Anyway, It's always nice to spend some quality time poring over the collection...!

just from putting them on the shelves,I already see sorting,and especially listing loads for sale,as being quite therapeutic.

Finally we got the car sorted. Huge help from Nissan Ireland,although the car is a Peugeot. No more lifting Eoin in and out of a car seat,we can wheel his chair in. He's hopefully going to be a lot more comfortable now.

I keep thinking I should update people but never know what to say.

Anyway,he is still a super happy kid,we try our best. Have started making use of the Laura lynn charity. They've come out to do music therapy with him etc.
He saw a new doctor today who was super nice and helpful.
And we brought him to that dinosaur thing in the ambassador. He had a blast,and the staff were helpful. Shame it was so quick.
So,thanks guys.

Not much to update really.Still happy, and loves nothing more than a story read to him,or talking about Dr Who.

If anyone cares to take the time to read and maybe share this it would be great. Eoin currently goes to two different schools. Two days a week to his mainstream school,just because those are the kids he grew up with,and 3 days a week to a special school,the one below. Next tear he will only go to the special school.

Click here to support Send Scoil Mochua (Special School)to See Santa!! organised by Melanie Byrne

Thanks.

Not much to update really.Still happy, and loves nothing more than a story read to him,or talking about Dr Who.

If anyone cares to take the time to read and maybe share this it would be great. Eoin currently goes to two different schools. Two days a week to his mainstream school,just because those are the kids he grew up with,and 3 days a week to a special school,the one below. Next tear he will only go to the special school.

Click here to support Send Scoil Mochua (Special School)to See Santa!! organised by Melanie Byrne

Thanks.

Quite the day for it.

If anyone has a few minutes

Done. Also, the HSE needs to employ a lot more genetic counsellors so parents with a diagnosis aren’t just left in limbo trying to figure out what to do using google.

Absolutely. I really can't imagine how much more lost we would have been without Avrils paediatric nursing background.

And thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone.
Just to be clear,I'm not at all involved in it. But it's definitely worthy. The kid has the same condition as Eoin,so it does mean a lot to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back