What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

High Life. Death row criminals who have been sent to space on a suicide mission get experimented on by a crazy doctor in freaky sci fi horror from Claire Denis. Won’t be to everyone’s tastes but had enough wtf moments to keep my interest.

I’m not sure I can cope with another Claire Denis movie after Trouble Every Day, that one left a mark...

I've never actually seen any of her stuff. My whatsapp pitch to the friend I'm going with was this ...

"would you have any interest in High Life, it's the debut English language feature by Claire Denis, who is a really well regarded French director. Who's work I have never seen before"

Going to High Life this evening. Looking forward to it. TED is a bit of an outlier in her body of work. It's not all gore and weirdness.

I wanna see High Life as well.

I saw Eight Grade there over the weekend and it was so good! I laughed, I cried, I'm still a bit upset by it. Yeah.

I've seen Beau Travail. Don't remember anything about it, except the guy's extremely distinctive face. I think it's about the French foreign legion.

Going to High Life this evening. Looking forward to it. TED is a bit of an outlier in her body of work. It's not all gore and weirdness.
I have also seen 35 Rhums (might not be its exact title) and it was a bit boring. Great soundtracks to her films though from Tindersticks. The title song from TED is amazing.

Now I have to go to a Camogie match in Crumlin this evening. No French cinematic smut for me tonight after all.

The Sentinel (1977) on the horror channel. One of those post Exorcist-mania American horror films directed by that old cad Michael Winner. Quiet a big cast, a mix of older stars & now familiar faces in early roles. Its good in places, nicely shot, decent gore effects & some genuinely strange atmospheric scenes, but there’s a lot of stilted dialogue & some odd disjointed acting.

I recently rediscovered this. I had last seen it when I was about 12 and it left a big impression on me.

I agree with what you say about it. It's "almost" a really great movie. I like it more each time I watch it.

The house itself is still available to rent. How cool would that be?

*note "winner" rating

I recently rediscovered this. I had last seen it when I was about 12 and it left a big impression on me.

I agree with what you say about it. It's "almost" a really great movie. I like it more each time I watch it.

The house itself is still available to rent. How cool would that be?

*note "winner" rating
They've done it up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back