Game of Thrones Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Well I’m knackered after that!

Arya: “The Night King? More like The Shite King, wha’?”
*stab*

So we’re know onto the GOT equivalent of “The Scouring of the Shire”, yeah? Honestly, I think Cersei will win in the end.
maybe if George RR Martin was writing it, it's gotten incredibly sentimental at this point so i'd say it'll be a somewhat happy but overtly thinky ending. I could see the whole republic thing happening, "lets form a... United.... States?"

maybe if George RR Martin was writing it, it's gotten incredibly sentimental at this point so i'd say it'll be a somewhat happy but overtly thinky ending. I could see the whole republic thing happening, "lets form a... United.... States?"
Didn’t Martin give them the main plot? Surely something as big as the ending is set in stone, even if the details are up to the HBO crew.

Ooh good point, that rings a bell.
Part of me is hoping for Martin’s nihilistic streak to be the final point in the series. Though another part of me is wondering if the remaining “goodies” are meant to represent the seven old gods and are destined to win (with the help of King’s Landing’s Sparrows):
Father: Jon Snow
Mother: Daenerys
Warrior: The Hound
Maiden: Sansa
Smith: Gendry
Crone: Bran(?)
Stranger: Arya

Well I’m knackered after that!

Arya: “The Night King? More like The Shite King, wha’?”
*stab*

So we’re know onto the GOT equivalent of “The Scouring of the Shire”, yeah? Honestly, I think Cersei will win in the end.
Yep getting that all out of the way halfway through the final series is straight out of LOTRs. Apparently GRRM is a massive fan of Return of the King and how those books finished, so hardly surprising it's played out as it has.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yep getting that all out of the way halfway through the final series is straight out of LOTRs. Apparently GRRM is a massive fan of Return of the King and how those books finished, so hardly surprising it's played out as it has.
Except the TV show has nothing to do with the books now, and will likely end entirely differently, if at all...

That was a very stupid episode

It had millions of bad bits, but amongst the rubbish plotholes: How the fuck did Euron's ships appear about of nowhere and get a perfect shot at the dragon when they were so high up. Surely with the aeriel advantage it would have been impossible to take them by surprise. Why didn't yer wan just then circle around and raze the fleet from either above or behind?

Why didn't Cersei just wipe everyone out when they were standing at her castle wall? And then, just argh, endless stupid bits.

I reckon the writers have just given up

That was a very stupid episode

It had millions of bad bits, but amongst the rubbish plotholes: How the fuck did Euron's ships appear about of nowhere and get a perfect shot at the dragon when they were so high up. Surely with the aeriel advantage it would have been impossible to take them by surprise. Why didn't yer wan just then circle around and raze the fleet from either above or behind?

Why didn't Cersei just wipe everyone out when they were standing at her castle wall? And then, just argh, endless stupid bits.

I reckon the writers have just given up
Ha, yeah I was thinking as well why didn't she just fly around the back of them, they won't be able to turn their ships around in a hurry! But was it me or did the dragon freak out a bit after seeing his bro die?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back