WHAT DO YOU WANT???? (1 Viewer)

Tried out a Laney Ironheart studio. Kinda want one. Love the tone, and supprisingly loud for 15watts. Had volume down at 1in room in music shop. It was loud

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Almost bought a Blackstar combo in Belfast the other day. 10 mins to closing time and couldn't try it out,there was a decent reduction on it. Birthday cash burning a hole is not a good thing.

Kind of afraid had I bought it that convenience would win over sound too.

So,reading reviews and watching youtube videos has turned me off the Blackstar. This is good. Unfortunately I now want a Marshall combo. I never cared for combos and am a big defender of heads and cabs,but the gas has me well and truly infected. Like really badly. Still have the birthday cash and money from selling records in my paypal account. Must.....resist.

This thread is kinda like AA for gear nerds.

I almost pulled the trigger on a cheap Made in Japan guitar from the late 70's/early 80's - Martinez - neck through body HSS Strat style. I'll probably spend the rest of my life searching for another.

E - Gitarre Stratocaster Martinez, seltene Gitarre aus Japan, durchgehender Hals | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

I want a small bodied 14 fret acoustic. I have a sweet small 12 fretter and a great 14 fret dreadnought...so this last one will finish out the collection

I'm enjoying the hunt. I have read reviews of so many guitars lately.Its great fun

On the subject of acoustics ...

Has anyone ever done the "Nashville guitar trick" for recording? Get a cheap acoustic guitar, string the e and b as standard but put electric strings on the rest. Then if you double your normal acoustic part you get a really nice sounding 12 string effect.

Picked up my G&L legacy for practice again tonight. Back to main axe again. Tele still class, but switching back for a while. Have a powerblade bridge humbucker ordered for it, won't be here for 3 months, but can't wait! Would love a proper 90s ASAT though. Amp wise, would love a HRD. Have an ENGL blues combo thing that sounds just as good, but would still love the fender yok

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back