Thread for upcoming reissues of interest (1 Viewer)

LOL. I'm a big Billy Idol defender but I can't imagine anyone needs a deluxe edition of Generation X's debut

Will probably get it anyway, nothing like listening to bonus tracks once in your entire life.

The Billy Idol one was a mistake,it was supposed to just be the Generation X one.

Never enough Generation X. Never.

Well the Billy Idol website link has the tracklist so its useful.

You think Generation X are that good? I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy their stuff a fair bit but even their albums are pushing it a bit for me, I probably get all I need in the best of.

ALRIGHT

New Prince Album of Unreleased Demos Announced | Pitchfork

The Prince Estate and Warner Bros. Records have announced Originals, a new album featuring 15 previously unreleased Princedemos. The collection is comprised of songs Prince wrote that were later recorded by artists like the Time, Vanity 6, Sheila E., the Bangles, Apollonia 6, and more. Originals will stream exclusively on TIDAL for two weeks starting June 7. On June 21, Warner Bros. Records will release Originals on CD. The album will be available on vinyl and CD editions on July 19.

01 Sex Shooter (1983)
02 Jungle Love (1983)
03 Manic Monday (1984)
04 Noon Rendezvous (1984)
05 Make-Up (1981)
06 100 MPH (1984)
07 You’re My Love (1982)
08 Holly Rock (1985)
09 Baby, You’re a Trip (1982)
10 The Glamorous Life (1983)
11 Gigolos Get Lonely Too (1982)
12 Love... Thy Will Be Done (1991)
13 Dear Michelangelo (1985)
14 Wouldn’t You Love to Love Me? (1981)
15 Nothing Compares 2 U (1984)

Did any of you try this Duster compilation? I'd never heard of them before, but it's really ace. Tons to wade through too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did any of you try this Duster compilation? I'd never heard of them before, but it's really ace. Tons to wade through too.

It's well worth a listen alright. New(ish) one on me, but with Numero involved I knew it would be worth checking out.

ALRIGHT

New Prince Album of Unreleased Demos Announced | Pitchfork

The Prince Estate and Warner Bros. Records have announced Originals, a new album featuring 15 previously unreleased Princedemos. The collection is comprised of songs Prince wrote that were later recorded by artists like the Time, Vanity 6, Sheila E., the Bangles, Apollonia 6, and more. Originals will stream exclusively on TIDAL for two weeks starting June 7. On June 21, Warner Bros. Records will release Originals on CD. The album will be available on vinyl and CD editions on July 19.

01 Sex Shooter (1983)
02 Jungle Love (1983)
03 Manic Monday (1984)
04 Noon Rendezvous (1984)
05 Make-Up (1981)
06 100 MPH (1984)
07 You’re My Love (1982)
08 Holly Rock (1985)
09 Baby, You’re a Trip (1982)
10 The Glamorous Life (1983)
11 Gigolos Get Lonely Too (1982)
12 Love... Thy Will Be Done (1991)
13 Dear Michelangelo (1985)
14 Wouldn’t You Love to Love Me? (1981)
15 Nothing Compares 2 U (1984)
I never knew he wrote “Manic Monday”.

I never knew he wrote “Manic Monday”.
Same vocal melody "top-line" as 1999, lazy self-plagiarizing prick. It'll be very interesting to see if there's a demo with him singing, the only outtake we have is an earlier unfinished Apollonia 6 version

The only real "hits" missing from this are Chaka Khan - I Feel For You (I assume because it was a cover of an already released song) and Sugar Walls (I suspect they haven't found a demo or there is no demo).

Same vocal melody "top-line" as 1999, lazy self-plagiarizing prick. It'll be very interesting to see if there's a demo with him singing, the only outtake we have is an earlier unfinished Apollonia 6 version

The only real "hits" missing from this are Chaka Khan - I Feel For You (I assume because it was a cover of an already released song) and Sugar Walls (I suspect they haven't found a demo or there is no demo).

I still have never gotten into Prince but your knowledge and enthusiasm makes me second guess myself constantly.

I used to work with a lad that was really fanatical about Prince. There were a few of us working in the place in bands and that and we would hang around a bit after work. Any time we'd end up at his place he'd make us sit through these videos of Prince playing blues jams and stuff.
He could certainly play,but I could never get into his music.

But,yeah,other peoples enthusiasm,of anything,is awesome.

Ah yeah, I mean I can handle his guitar noodling, obviously, but his best guitar stuff (aside from when he's gratuitously showboating live) is usually going on in the background to something very synth and drum machine heavy. I remember making a compilation of his most guitar heavy songs and really it was just a bit boring when all put in the same place.

Dischord is supposed to be doing 30 over DC on vinyl

I've never actually heard it,or even half the bands on it but I'd be pretty confident some of it is pretty killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back