Paris is Burning!!!! (1 Viewer)

All the super woke people coming out to talk about the past crimes of France and the Church. A musician I like musing on all the food programs for the poor and scholarships for teens etc. that the money spent building Notre Dame could have funded.

All the super woke people coming out to talk about the past crimes of France and the Church. A musician I like musing on all the food programs for the poor and scholarships for teens etc. that the money spent building Notre Dame could have funded.
this

all the super-wokes on twitter making me not give 2 fucks. IT'S A BUILDING. No people were hurt. That fact is all that's important here.

Christ, when Grenfell happened it didn't get this much of a reaction.

Super Woke ..I like that..could be a good album name

Anyway..hard to believe..or worse..not so hard.. this incident is being used by race baiters . Change the fucking record you red faced bastards

It's easy to laugh but the American right have been using this as an opportunity to talk about "Judeo-Christian civilization" and the like so if someone can be fucked to have that argument so I don't have to it's a public service.

Obviously it'd be better if all the internet bar Thumped, Reuters and google maps was turned off but, sure hey

It's easy to laugh but the American right have been using this as an opportunity to talk about "Judeo-Christian civilization" and the like so if someone can be fucked to have that argument so I don't have to it's a public service.

Obviously it'd be better if all the internet bar Thumped, Reuters and google maps was turned off but, sure hey

I thought it was a weird "take" (am I using that right, Take"?) It's like saying if the Pharaohs hadn't spent all their riches building the Pyramids at Giza all the Egyptians could have had small pox vaccinations and iPads.

I thought it was a weird "take" (am I using that right, Take"?) It's like saying if the Pharaohs hadn't spent all their riches building the Pyramids at Giza all the Egyptians could have had small pox vaccinations and iPads.
Well I haven't followed it all too closely but I did see someone pointing out that France was busy expelling its entire jewish population while the Cathedral was being built and others talking about the influence islamic architecture had on it all.

It's a weird situation where my first reaction to seeing this happening was "oh no, the takes that will follow. THE TAKES."

Well I haven't followed it all too closely but I did see someone pointing out that France was busy expelling its entire jewish population while the Cathedral was being built and others talking about the influence islamic architecture had on it all.
Ok, in fairness those points are more specific than some of the stuff I've been seeing. Still though..

2 guests were on Fox news last night trying to suggest something was up and surprisingly, in fairness to the anchors, they were cut off immediately from that kind of speculation.
Apparently there have been a number of attacks, including arson on churches in France recently. People with an agenda will of course conflate those with this.

I hope it was just an accident , or a black metaller

Nearly a thousand years later I don't think that'l all that important. However I do think it's a little offensive that France's richest man has pledged €100 million to the rebuilding efforts, if you can afford to give that away on a whim then you probably should try to help people living below the poverty line first (or be taxed a lot more so the government can do it.).

Apparently there have been a number of attacks, including arson on churches in France recently. People with an agenda will of course conflate those with this.

I hope it was just an accident , or a black metaller

That Varg, always up to his mischief.

I can't remember if it was Cernovich or Shapiro, one of those idiots, who was on a "the west has fallen" kick last night.

was it not destroyed in the war and rebuild back then too?

like, it's an historic building, but now it has a new bit of history. The 'big fire' that happened cos one of the workmen left the toaster on too long.

if they can rebuild St.Mels in Longford, this will be a piece of piss.

Well I haven't followed it all too closely but I did see someone pointing out that France was busy expelling its entire jewish population while the Cathedral was being built

Along with almost every other country in Europe. It was a bad time for Jews, or anyone else who wasn't Catholic.

was it not destroyed in the war and rebuild back then too?

It was nearly destroyed during the French Revolution.

I really hate how quickly certain types are trying to turn this into, simultaneously, a hate crime and a reason to engage in hate crimes. People suck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back