What television series are you currently making your way through? (13 Viewers)

Did anyone else find the girl in Russian Doll's hammy 50s tough guy spiel annoying? And her uber liberal hipster friends? And every scene featuring a too self aware ethnic mix?
Thinking about it again makes me dislike it even more.

Did anyone else find the girl in Russian Doll's hammy 50s tough guy spiel annoying? And her uber liberal hipster friends? And every scene featuring a too self aware ethnic mix?
Thinking about it again makes me dislike it even more.
50s noir dialogue - initially annoying but grew on me
Diverse liberal rich hipsters - yes, this bugs me about most shows made about young people living in new york. Every character is uber liberal, diverse, smart and rich. Where are the skint dum dums?

The friends group is just another one of the Netfix show must-haves.

- Hip good looking diverse cast
- nakedness in the opening scene
- lots of smoking
- liberal use of the word "cunt"
- the more pot smoking the better
- masturbation scene
- texting

Watch out for it, I'm right.

Re-watched the most recent season of Game of Thrones so I remember what happened ahead of the final season in a couple of weeks. It really had it's moments in the first few episodes but had forgotten quite how bad the last couple were.

I'm watching episodes of two 50+ year old TV shows that I recorded off the horror channel.
Land of the giants & The Invaders.
I hadn't heard of the invaders before (its okay) but I remember watching repeats of LOTG in the 80's. There was loads of reruns of 60's & 70's TV shows shown in the 80's.

Watching season 2 of Top of the Lake. I remembered the first one as being gritty and realistic but this one is weird. All the men are sexual deviants who seem to have no control of their libidos, except that one guy (Pyke) who is useless on every level. There is something really "off" about everyone behaves and interacts with each other. I could forgive it if it was in something intentionally quirky like Fargo but I find this really jarring.

Also this happened :
ghost_top_of_the_lake.jpg

American gods season 2. It's good, but they're still fleshing out a lot of the characters and their back grounds.

Watching Most Beautiful Things on Netflix. It's a Brasilian show, so dubbed (which I'm not normally mad about). But it's quite classy, in a Mad Men kind of way. It's set in the late 50s/early 60s and the styles and attitudes very much reflect that. And god, everyone is so pretty in it.

Watching Most Beautiful Things on Netflix. It's a Brasilian show, so dubbed (which I'm not normally mad about). But it's quite classy, in a Mad Men kind of way. It's set in the late 50s/early 60s and the styles and attitudes very much reflect that. And god, everyone is so pretty in it.
Is there no option to watch with subtitles?

watched 1 episode of Derry Girls and can't really see what the fuss is about. But I'm afraid to say that out loud cos I'll be lynched on twitter.

Also, never heard of Fleabag until this week, and its the second greatest thing ever, after Derry Girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back