People Who Died (8 Viewers)

Scannain is saddened to learn of the passing of legendary Irish stuntman Bronco McLoughlin.

McLoughlin began his career in 1967, almost by accident, when he discovered that The Viking Queen was being filmed near his home in Wicklow. McLouglin had left Ireland at 16 to work as a cattle rancher in Australia and it was while home 12 years later to visit his father than he got cast as an extra due to his ability to ride horses.

This led to McLoughlin making key contacts in the film industry that would see him land roles as a stormtrooper in George Lucas’ Star Wars, performing stunts on Richard Donner’s Superman, playing a mujaheddin in Rambo III, playing a Thugee in Steven Spielberg’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, performing stunts on Ryan’s Daughter, playing Nennog in Krull, and famously being tied to the wooden cross that floats over the top of a waterfall in the opening scene of The Mission.

In Clive Barker’s Hellbound: Hellraiser II, because of a neck accident, Kenneth Cranham only wore the Channard Cenobite makeup for one day, McLoughlin played the Channard Cenobite for the rest of the shoot.

He also had roles in a number of James Bond films, as a customs officer in Paul Verhoeven’s Total Recall, performing stunts in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and as stunt coordinator on The Field, Father Ted, and Man About Dog. He most recently worked as a stunts performer on the hit TV series Vikings in his native Wicklow.

McLoughlin was a member of Stunt Register Ireland and was inducted into the Hollywood Stuntmen’s Hall of Fame.

Ranking Roger - 56

He was only about 20 when the Beat split up in 83!

Here's an underrated tune

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:(

One of the teachers in my eldest's school died at the weekend. The rumour is she fell down the stairs at a party. I'm really bummed out about it - was talking to her only recently and really liked her. In her 30s, I'd guess, with a little boy. My own child is really upset. Gonna be a very sombre day at school for them all

One of the teachers in my eldest's school died at the weekend. The rumour is she fell down the stairs at a party. I'm really bummed out about it - was talking to her only recently and really liked her. In her 30s, I'd guess, with a little boy. My own child is really upset. Gonna be a very sombre day at school for them all

That's pretty tragic.

That house is mad, I used to stay nearby for work and I’d do a double take each time.

Nice one - it's great when you look at it on street view and all the locals are sauntering by as if it was the most normal thing in the world

Interesting (to me) in the realm of staring into the infinte realm of urban planning that almost equally sized seashell basically on the same street is considered normal because products while the shark got him in planning bother. At least the shark is close to life size. sharkkkkk.JPG

Interesting (to me) in the realm of staring into the infinte realm of urban planning that almost equally sized seashell basically on the same street is considered normal because products while the shark got him in planning bother. At least the shark is close to life size. View attachment 12727
That pub on the corner is shit btw, in case anyone was thinking of going in.

This is very sad.

Tommy Smith (1945-12 April 2019)
Liverpool footballer.
never did it mean more to anyone to play for LFC than Tommy.
but he paid a huge price for his highly successful career.
making his debut in 1962's promotion winning season he saw Liverpool
transform from a second division club to European Champions.
he played 638 matches for Liverpool (1962-78) and winning one England cap.
after football he had huge physical problems - two knee replacements,
elbow replaced, hip replaced, arthritis and finally in 2014 Alzheimers
was diagnosed.

Ivor Broadis (1922- 12 April 2019)
Carlisle, Man City, Sunderland, Newcastle and England footballer.
WW2 veteran (RAF) who won 14 caps and scored 8 goals for England.
he played in 1954 World Cup scoring two goals in 4-4 draw with Belgium.
born in London he lived in Carlisle since rejoining them in 1955
where he was a football journalist for decades.
(I only became aware of him a few years ago and at 96 he was the oldest
living England International)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back