Folk Horror (3 Viewers)

I'm gonna stick this in this thread, i'm putting trust in the folk horror folk.

rarely buy boxsets these days but always enjoy a good one around xmas. picked up ghost stories for christmas a couple of years back, was quality christmas viewing. 70s filmed ghost stories in a winter setting. (majority of them if not all M R James stories) winter setting almost essential. any recommendations?
There are some great UK tv boxsets. All of these look good-check the related items too
Amazon product ASIN B000FAOAZG

Would love to know if there are any non UK series from that era. Has to be some good shit out there somewhere

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice "The Blood on Satan's Claw" poster
The Blood On Satans Claw movie posterA3 Fine Art Print
50929556_551740628655606_7456550129118478336_n.jpg

Think I might cue up a ye olde schoole folk horror for tonight

I finally got to see this Irish made Clive Barker film at the weekend

It's , um...not great, but there is the crux of a good yarn here; Christianity v Paganism, demon from myth and legend, rites and rituals, outsider stumbling across local mystery etc. The monster outfit is too silly looking and overall it's just not very well done but I think it's very enjoyable.

I'd love to see a remake. Don't show the creature so much, (do a Jaws on it). Up the whole 'villagers versus outsiders' thing etc.

There is a great radio documentary on the making of the film and its props on Newstalk.

The upcoming March issue of The Darkside Magazine has a feature on it as well as an article on Folk Horror

52390040_1509882739146471_7808723660545458176_n.png

I finally got to see this Irish made Clive Barker film at the weekend

It's , um...not great, but there is the crux of a good yarn here; Christianity v Paganism, demon from myth and legend, rites and rituals, outsider stumbling across local mystery etc. The monster outfit is too silly looking and overall it's just not very well done but I think it's very enjoyable.

I'd love to see a remake. Don't show the creature so much, (do a Jaws on it). Up the whole 'villagers versus outsiders' thing etc.

There is a great radio documentary on the making of the film and its props on Newstalk.

The upcoming March issue of The Darkside Magazine has a feature on it as well as an article on Folk Horror

52390040_1509882739146471_7808723660545458176_n.png

I’m reading Barker’s Books of Blood 1-3 at the moment and “Rawhead Rex” is coming later in the collection. I can see potential for a lot of good movies in the stories I’ve read if the right people were involved and the right budget was ok the cards. I was surprised that so many of them have already been filmed and, aside from Candyman, I don’t think I’ve seen/heard of any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back