What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

Vox Lux. The new Brady Corbet movie about a pop star with score by Scott Walker and songs by Sia. Stars Natalie Portman and Jude Law. I gather this is a divisive film and can understand why some really dislike but I thought it was great, Really original and engrossing. Portman is brilliant in it. It's pretty bleak but a welcome antidote to A Star Is Born,

Vox Lux. The new Brady Corbet movie about a pop star with score by Scott Walker and songs by Sia. Stars Natalie Portman and Jude Law. I gather this is a divisive film and can understand why some really dislike but I thought it was great, Really original and engrossing. Portman is brilliant in it. It's pretty bleak but a welcome antidote to A Star Is Born,
Cinema? I loved The Childhood of a Leader

An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn. Bizarro comedy from the director of The greasy strangler. Somebody described it as freaky, short comedy scenes in a David Lynch film stretched out to feature length, and that’s probably accurate except the director none of lynch’s skill at crafting absurd comedy.

Sorry To Bother You. Surreal anti-capitalist dark comedy about a black tele-sales worker who finds increasing success at a sinister corporation by cold calling people using a “white” phone voice. I liked this a lot
URGH WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH

Aside from the best damn film i've seen in FOREVER.

Family Film Night with Dazed And Confused.
I love this film. It was a tough one to get into FFN but delighted that everyone enjoyed it. 17yo was laughing from the first scene. So many great moments in this, and so genuine. The first kiss/beer/night out. Superb... unlike the other thing a watched yesterday, take it to the TV series thread.....

Dragging my other half to the cinema for the first time in ages, my pick. Not sure what to go see, I'm feeling very out of the cinema loop.

Anyone seen either Capernaum or If Beale Street Could Talk?

Hole In The Ground. Irish horror movie about a giant hole in the ground in the west somewhere. I enjoyed this a lot. Great atmosphere and one or two serious jump scares. Trailer does give away a bit too much though. Something about it is bothering me though:

The part where the old lady is found dead in her front garden. She's got her head buried in the ground and no-one bats an eyelid? It's just treated as a natural death?

Hole In The Ground. Irish horror movie about a giant hole in the ground in the west somewhere. I enjoyed this a lot. Great atmosphere and one or two serious jump scares. Trailer does give away a bit too much though. Something about it is bothering me though:

The part where the old lady is found dead in her front garden. She's got her head buried in the ground and no-one bats an eyelid? It's just treated as a natural death?
I liked the idea/intent of it but thought the execution was a bit dull

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back