What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (5 Viewers)

Recently:

Borstal Boy - Brendan Behan (y)(y)(y)(y)
A Life of My Own - Claire Tomalin (y)(y)(y)
Autumn - Ali Smith (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
The Murder of Rosa Luxemburg - Klaus Geitinger (y)(y)(y)
Red Famine: Stalin's War On The Ukraine - Anne Applebaum (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

This thread has give me a right boot up the arse as far as the buke reading goes so far this year, thanking yews all.

Recently:

Borstal Boy - Brendan Behan (y)(y)(y)(y)
A Life of My Own - Claire Tomalin (y)(y)(y)
Autumn - Ali Smith (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
The Murder of Rosa Luxemburg - Klaus Geitinger (y)(y)(y)
Red Famine: Stalin's War On The Ukraine - Anne Applebaum (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

This thread has give me a right boot up the arse as far as the buke reading goes so far this year, thanking yews all.
Autumn is....One of the most beautiful books ever written T_T You have to read Winter now!

Funnily enough ... that's who I'm reading now.
Oooh, which one?

PS: I hope everyone knew that was a joke statement, what a horrible way to deduce the careers of two genuinely genius level authors who wrote incredible works through massive adversity! :D

Autumn is....One of the most beautiful books ever written T_T You have to read Winter now!

Yeah, I was well impressed by it, think it was either yourself or @jonah who recommended it. I'd only read The Accidental by her years ago, Winter is definitely on the reading list now, cheers!

Yeah, I was well impressed by it, think it was either yourself or @jonah who recommended it. I'd only read The Accidental by her years ago, Winter is definitely on the reading list now, cheers!
The Accidental is a good one! My favorite is Public Library and second is Boy Meets Girl. Enjoy! Winter is even better!

The New Iberia Blues by James Lee Burke. Latest in the Dave Robicheaux series. I think JLB is the greatest living crime writer and the Robicheaux series is outstanding and this is no exception.

The Elementals by Michael McDowell. Southern gothic horror about the haunting of a wealthy Alabama family. Good stuff.

Delightful.

220px-Less-andrew-sean-greer-cover.jpg

Started The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami - A slight but engaging read; next up is Rupert Thompson's No One But You.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back